6 News Australia

We heard you the first 20 times you posted this in the thread.

14 Likes

You keep saying this and I keep telling you: no content is being cut when there’s a long outro

9 Likes

Well there is to account for the 1 minute outro which is time that can be better suited to actual content rather then spending time on a outro that people don’t watch.

Right - no more outro discussion - this is just becoming a circular waste of bandwidth.

19 Likes

And they thought I was bad with my - now former - fanatical treatment of the 10 news thread…

Thank you lol

1 Like

your production qualities have come a long way, and they have always been good from the start too! are you still using iMovie, and Keynote, or using something else nowadays?

3 Likes

still using them lol but will eventually move away, especially as our live coverage ramps up

5 Likes

Do you use OBS for the live content?

1 Like

For some of it yes, other times it’s VMix

4 Likes

What happened to your weekly updates on Sundays?

The idea of a week-in-review-style bulletin is something we’ve dropped for a while now

The focus 6 News has is on live breaking news and original, impartial reporting

There’s still bulletins on Sundays though

8 Likes

Good stuff for showing transparency in Channel 6 reporting. Hope the reporter has learned their lesson. Seemed rather insensitive

2 Likes

Really like Connor and also Austin filling in the anchor roles when @Leo_Puglisi6 isn’t. Seems that Connor is really great for the major Sunday bulletin and Austin for the other ones. Good to see the sharing of roles!

2 Likes

We’re preparing some big expansions regarding live breaking news coverage, video content and original reporting in the coming weeks

In the meantime, here’s a look at a new 6 News home studio:

https://twitter.com/AustinPollock_6/status/1671306659715756034

12 Likes

I think ol Austin blows my green wall out of the water !! Absolutely loving the 6news on air appearances

5 Likes

Just need some backlight to make the hair line pop… also the shot is a little green, double check the white balance.

Otherwise, very nice - I’m incredibly jealous of what this young team has available to them these days. (When I started it was crappy hand-me-down gear at Channel 31!)

9 Likes

Great new studio! Love the work!

3 Likes

That comes down to the editing department and Leo! I do have a few lights but film mostly during the day so the sunlight comes through the windows .

Audio and visuals have defs improved since our early days

2 Likes

Thanks - a lot of time and work and a fair bit of cash :rofl: has been put into that. Cannot wait for it to debut on air over the coming weeks! A lot of really cool angles and was to incorporate and present different reports to the viewers.

3 Likes