6 News Australia

Leo was on weekend breakfast this morning about lowering the voting age interesting conversation.

9 Likes

Not the right thread I’m aware, but definitely should not be lowered.

4 Likes

I agree with this but having worked in the public and seen the stupidity of some people that are a lot older I would question it. :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Just spotted ABC News using 6 News coverage of today’s police fatalities in Queensland.

7 Likes

No way

And seems they did it a couple of times too

4 Likes

Seems very odd. It’s like why aren’t they asking Seven to send them clean vision? I think Sky was on opinion shows when a lot of the breaking news is on so I guess they were looking for vision (any vision) elsewhere.

4 Likes

Tbh I’ve had to stop following 6 on Twitter, almost everything I see on there is political.

No hate, but maybe add some other news stories rather then mostly politics? Just an idea.

Also I don’t think the Narracan supplementary election needed rolling coverage, maybe a quick news bulletin for it when a result is clear.

1 Like

We do - detailed analysis pieces on Qantas, a dedicated sports reporter joining, new state-wide sections for each state/territory on the website - this is all recent

1 Like

Have you seen your twitter tho? Every second post is about politics

As in my personal Twitter?

6news twitter

Let’s not try and take over editorial control of a twitter account hey?

Live NSW election coverage from 6pm AEDT

Plus coverage during the day and overnight

4 Likes

New rotating watermark on Six. It resembles Fox News.

3 Likes

Just trialing that, nothing locked in

3 Likes

Does it rotate continuously?

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

An example of the kind of bulletins you’ll now see on 6 News - properly-timed (ie 30 minutes or an hour (though I know this one goes a bit under 30) - with a focus on the latest breaking news and original reporting

Some new promos at the end of this one too

7 Likes

The outro is still over a minute which can be better utilised by actual content as most people switch off. It should be no more than 30 seconds especially on a timed bulletin.