6 News Australia

I already have had someone rip me off! They renamed to ‘6 News Australia’ in April…I sent them a cease and desist and that was that!

4 Likes

Hey guys, thought you might like the latest 6 News bulletin.

Featuring a special investigation from our Chief Reporter Jack Hahn, plus we have added a ticker/flipper, which is mainly in case of a big story that breaks after the bulletin’s filming - so we can mention it without directly talking about it.

Hope you enjoy!

6 Likes

Ticker mics still fucking shit.

1 Like

Be careful, you are basically making an infomercial for Ticker.

3 Likes

Wrong thread?

1 Like

No, it was in your video.

1 Like

Ah, ok.

I would wish any network well on their one-year anniversary. Plus I am on their 4pm news every Thursday, so wanted to mention that as well.

1 Like

6 News is a news channel on YouTube?
Not necessarily a TV channel

2 Likes

No we’re not. But in this age of digital news, we are competing with the networks in their digital format, whether that is their Twitter account or YouTube account.

And we are competing with them in the sense that we are aiming for more viewers and content, just not a direct rial in the 6pm timeslot.

We have broken countless major stories before the major networks, doesn’t really matter that we’re not on TV.

And if you have a smart TV, you can still watch us via YouTube on TV :wink:

https://twitter.com/4wding/status/1297470416852627456

4 Likes

I’m a little confused about your logic. You’re comparing yourself to million-dollar TV networks. There is basically no competition.

Also when you say major stories, what major stories? That’s where I don’t get you…

Plus, if I had a smart TV, I’d be watching TV news, like ABC.

2 Likes

We are obviously not on the same scale as the major networks. But we are saying is that if you turn on Twitter, you can get the latest news from us. You don’t have to wait until 6pm. We are a new player in news. It’s not all about TV now.

We broke the mandatory mask order in Melbourne, and Stage 4, receiving praise from plenty of high-profile journos.

1 Like

I was referring to our constant updates on Facebook, Twitter etc.

Find me one and I will stand corrected. No other one had reported on it, and I searched long and hard.

What exactly do you have against us anyways?

2 Likes

Why does it even matter? Let @Leo_Puglisi6 do what he wants.

5 Likes

You seem to find little issues - like how our bulletins are at 7:45, or that we aren’t on TV.

Of course you are.

1 Like

I didn’t say you couldn’t. I just don’t understand what exactly you’re trying to achieve by being argumentative. If you already have your “daily dose of news for the evening”, then why are you taking such an issue with how and when @Leo_Puglisi6 presents his news?

2 Likes

It’s more of a premiere time. We are picking a unique time to release the bulletin. You can watch the bulletin anytime after that, that’s the benefit of YouTube.

We aim to pull followers away from the major networks. But on their social media accounts. Not on TV.

1 Like

Right, but I question. Why do you ‘promote’ Ticker so much? Nothing wrong with that, I’m just curious.

1 Like

I don’t think I mention them that much. The most recent videos of them on my channel is my interviews on their programs, and as I said I would wish any network a happy anniversary.

Plus, as I also mentioned before, I am on their 4pm news every Thursday.

2 Likes

It this Sunday’s news, or the week in review that is released on Sunday. The number of new cases of COVID-19 in NSW yesterday was less than Saturday. So cases were down, not up as your ticker stated.

Also, “across NSW” is not correct. The bulk of the cases in the past four weeks have been in the Sydney metropolitan area, with a handful of cases in a few areas. Most of NSW has had zero cases.

1 Like

A mistake on my part. And it is this Sunday’s news.

1 Like