6 News Australia

Yeah, but there wasn’t a thing at the end of these saying “unbiased news” or anything.

Just take a look at our editorial policies.

“We will not take sides on political or social issues, on-air & online…however, 6 News fully supports the right for our team to share their thoughts on issues relating to journalism & the media - as it is a matter of press freedom.”

This is my last response on this topic. Move on.

2 Likes

Well, Leo was first - the first to break the news BEFORE The Australian, so it doesn’t really matter that they already knew…

2 Likes

No, but what matters is Leo is claiming his story was “stolen”. Which seems patently untrue.

This isn’t exactly uncommon in media. Different news orgs working to get out a story first is a daily occurrence - sometimes you get beaten by your competitor and on another day, it might be the reverse.

And there’s all sorts of reasons why that might be the case - agreed upon embargoes in place but another outlet scoops the story or say, the competitor has 9 pieces of the puzzle but doesn’t have the 10th so can’t go with it yet, or they’re waiting for official comment etc.

For Leo to claim the story has been stolen shows he has a lot to learn about the media business. I’m supportive of his development but going off half-cocked like this is never a good look, whether you’re just starting out or if you’re an industry veteran.

26 Likes

I mean seriously. The only people that care about 6NEWS are on this forum. And barely that.

3 Likes

Yes mod.

This board becomes more and more cringe every week.

2 Likes

I’ve changed the title & thumbnail of the video to make my position more clear.

Ridiculous thing to suggest.

Is it though? :thinking:

I personally think it’s best we pass on from this topic after the discussion earlier today has covered most the day’s talking points, and to avoid hostility.

I’m not taking sides in saying this nor am I trying to be a Mod, but let’s not discourage @Leo_Puglisi6’s efforts with 6NEWS in itself (not referencing today’s events).

3 Likes

Doesn’t change the content of your rant in the video which is all still -

Which I think is the main problem here. Maybe should just delete it now and forget it ever happened :man_shrugging:

statements like that discourage people from following their passions - there’s no need to be rude

17 Likes

Matthew Hain, a 6 News Australia ‘political commentator’ (his words in the video), is claiming that News Corp is “going after” 6 News because they are an independent outlet, so News Corp are stealing their content. 1. A video from 6 News was played on the Friday Showdown with Sky News covering the 6 News logo Hain is claiming (it was partially covered). 2. News Corp claimed an exclusive on a story at 6:00am (the WIN News story) but 6 News had tweeted their exclusive story at 9:00pm the previous night.

He has absolutely no credibility, the whole video seems poorly thought out and he wasn’t prepared with solid facts and admitted that he was too lazy to write anything down.

If 6 News wants to be taken as a serious news outlet they need to quit this crap, move on and keep breaking stories and their work will speak for themselves.

The whole thing is coming off very childish unfortunately.

7 Likes

With respect, he’s got more credibility than some rando on the internet. He puts his face and name to what he says.

His views are his only. Not ours.

I’m literally trying my best to move on here. How about you check out some of our recent reports? Like this exclusive?

Your team clearly isn’t.

Leo, this is a media discussion forum. If you are willing to engage here you have to be open to fair criticism. Some comments will cross a line when they shouldn’t, and it can be hard when it seems like the whole world is against you - with that said, instead of trying to deflect from a topic you no longer wish to discuss, disengage for a while.

1 Like

Matthew Hain isn’t part of 6 News.

He thinks he is.

1 Like

Having someone to share their views/opinions doesn’t mean they are part of 6 News.

The only people who are are listed on our website - he is a political commentator who has shared his views.

We had Hayden O’Connor on last week - he’s not a part of 6 News.

It’s literally in our editorial policies: “6 News welcomes a diverse range of perspectives to comment on relevant issues & topics. The views of our guests are their & theirs only - and we welcome you to comment with your own thoughts.”

Well we’ve already debunked his point 2 in this thread. There is nothing to prove that News Corp “stole” anything from 6 News about that story.

As for point 1, yes Sky used footage from 6 News but if they really wanted to hide that fact and pass it off as their own they would have cropped out the 6 News logo out entirely. I am not one to defend Sky News but I don’t think anyone watching that would think they were watching Sky News sourced video given that the 6 News strap and logo is still clearly visible. If anything it actually credits 6 News as the source for their footage by including the logo (even if only partially visible) there.

I am no fan of Sky News and The Australian but unless there is any compelling evidence I see nothing that proves that NewsCorp is “going after” 6 News.

10 Likes
2 Likes