6 News Australia

Stock footage.

Sure, happy to look into it.

What time is deadline for The Australian?

LOL :man_facepalming: Delusions of grandeur?

Hell of a lot earlier than the 6 news tweet I’d say - especially for the media section

Not to mention their owners are actually a party to the deal…

5 Likes

These days The Australian posts the first Media Diary story early Sunday evening, then the other Media stories are progressively posted anytime between about 9:00pm until Midnight.

1 Like

Exactly what I thought.

1 Like

Yes, but I’m not talking about online. I’m talking about print.

The Daily Telegraph version of The Australian’s story was posted at 9:56pm according to the website.

@Leo_Puglisi6 That’s not correct. As @NewsWeary posted last night, it was on The Australian website last night.

1 Like

I said it was the earliest I saw. Regardless, we still posted before them.

So a Twitter exclusive. Worth claiming that.

3 Likes

When was your post @Leo_Puglisi6 ?

And? Never heard of a print deadline? They didn’t ‘STEAL’ anything.

9.01pm

Right, so you tweeted at 9:01pm. They posted the story at 9:56pm. Stories aren’t written, edited, authorised(?), and published in 55 minutes, are they?

Either way, they would have known about the deal.

4 Likes

Deadline for Monday first edition of the Australian Business Review is 6pm Sunday.

1 Like

Anyway, the shock jock act in @Leo_Puglisi6 's video is interesting. Maybe you should do more opinion pieces rather than doing straight news - it was very watchable.

4 Likes

Editorial attacking a competitor

For more unbiased news, subscribe!

1 Like

That and it was still exclusive because they had more exclusive details that “6 news” did not have.

1 Like

Exactly. Leo we don’t discredit you posted first, but mate they had exclusive material.

1 Like

More of an audience online for that versus straight news, too.

2 Likes

Seven and Nine have played that game too. As an example:

Nine also had a great one (which isn’t online anymore) calling out Today Tonight for stealing Nine’s footage.

https://streamable.com/4g3z36

A little childish from both Seven and Nine - and neither can claim any moral victory on who was first or who stole from who (since they both do it all the time) - but they were highly amusing ads regardless.

In this case even if The Australian had the info ready to go earlier they didn’t publish it until later and that’s all that matters. Leo beat them to it so he can claim to be first.

As far as exclusives go this was always going to be picked up by others so “first” would have been a better choice than exclusive in my opinion.

Either way it was a nice pick up Leo. Keep doing what you are doing.

Edit: Uploaded Nine’s video

5 Likes