6 News Australia

We are. Posts still visible, but we haven’t been able to post any video links.

Have you tried posting on Facebook the links to your Twitter posts? Casey Briggs of the ABC has pointed out that works (or rather, it works for now at least). I did a test with a link to an SMH Twitter link and it worked.

1 Like

Leo is going international! Featured on 1 News Tonight in NZ

9 Likes

Yep! Was so great to be on - here’s the full report:

10 Likes

That is impressive. Well done Leo.

1 Like

@Leo_Puglisi6 A question about your latest news video. How far ahead was the Facebook story done? Because News Corp announced on 17 February that they had signed a deal with Google.

https://newscorp.com/2021/02/17/news-corp-and-google-agree-to-global-partnership-on-news/

1 Like

Just a scripting problem - an outdated version was mistakenly used.

1 Like

Unbiased?

RTs & likes are not endorsements - it says it in my bio directly. The main reason for the RT was for the part you have not highlighted - believing polls.

1 Like

@Leo_Puglisi6

I noticed your recent post on your Facebook page stating you’ve been affected by the recent Facebook news ban -

Were you actually banned? Your page appears to be in an operating state as none of your posts have vanished, cover photo is still present, I can actively post in your community and still share posts…

All the other mainstream media pages have had the above features blocked completely and you can’t actually view any of their content. The only way people can interact with those pages is to send a message. It just seems a bit strange that this hasn’t happened to 6 News.

If your page hasn’t been targeted, you should’ve taken advantage of the opportunity to continue firing out content on Facebook to fill in the gap for your audience - kinda like how WIN and PRIME7 have done so.

2 Likes

Clicking the YouTube link on that post takes you to the YouTube channel and autoplays the latest video.

2 Likes

Yes - while our previous posts weren’t actually taken down - everytime we tried to press ‘post’ - it did nothing. Some people said they could share, others said they couldn’t.

I don’t know why you’d think that we weren’t banned - if we could have posted, we 100% would have.

Michael West, an independent journo, also said a similar thing: “Facebook has left existing posts but we can’t post new links, only text.”

https://twitter.com/MichaelWestBiz/status/1362176431183175681

3 Likes

It’s all very inconsistent on Facebook. The posts on West’s page have since vanished.

4 Likes

We aren’t a news org, but our page was taken down too. We could post for a few days and see our posts as admins, but only people who weren’t logged in could see any of it. However, since yesterday we can’t post anything (we get a nasty message when we try) and can’t see any previous posts at all.

2 Likes

You didnt have to be - the proposed legislation definition was extremely broad

4 Likes

Because you are able to put up that post and what I mentioned above - thanks for providing context.

1 Like

That was put up just a few minutes before other pages disappeared - we got there right on time haha

3 Likes

We have a website! 6newsau.com

Heads up, if you’re experiencing difficulties loading - reload the page, and if it still doesn’t work, please let me know.

10 Likes

Well done. This tweet directs people to the website for more information on the Victorian Liberals leadership spill, but I can’t see anything about it on the website. ??

1 Like

Not loading for me. Edge gives out this error: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

1 Like