2SM 1269 Sydney

Me too. Maybe Norman or Susan can ask on our behalf?

Macquarie radio’s nightmare scenario: Alan Jones leaves to do breakfast at 2SM. Ray Hadley is fired and immediately joins 2SM to do the drive program, assuming Hadley doesn’t go to prison. Could it happen? :thinking: :smiley:

1 Like

Yes. :crossed_fingers:

Didnt Ray strongly dislike Bill?

Hadley had a strong dislike for John Singleton until lots of money was offered.

7 Likes

Annette Sharp in The Sunday Telegraph writes that sources have told her that Bill Caralis telephoned Alan Jones two weeks ago. John Laws told Sharp that he would be happy to work with Jones.

Jones joining 2SM is looking more likely, it seems.

3 Likes

2SM is pretty much in the market for a permanent breakfast announcer given the unfortunate amount of leave Grant Goldman has taken.

Does anyone have an update on Grant’s progress? It would be good if he returned possibly in another capacity if Jones took breakfast.

2 Likes

Tomorrow’s front page:

The Australian claims that reps for Alan Jones spoke to Bill Caralis last week. It is also claiming that if a deal eventuates and Jones joins 2SM it could be a joint deal with News and ARN, with Jones doing more for Sky News and doing podcasts on iHeartRadio.

5 Likes

Are there any other optimists like me who hope this happens? And that 2SM sees a resurgence as market leader (or at least close to) knocking off 2GB?

2 Likes

Remember the only reason The Oz is stirring this is because MRN is ex Fairfax owned, they love to take a swipe at now 9.

3 Likes

I am in your camp. Interesting ARN are involved, how does that work?

Probably a similar agreement to ARN and MML stations - how you can stream GB,
etc. on iHeart.

A clever move if you can have K&J and Jones on the one platform.

1 Like

2SM is not on iheartradio at this time . It is a clever move!

1 Like

If a deal was to be made between 2SM and ARN/iHeartRadio, I wonder if the regional SRN/BOG stations would finally resume streaming? I think some (but not all) used to be online before going silent after the dispute which saw all regional stations turn off their online streaming in Early 2014. Of course most others have since resumed streaming but I don’t think the SRN/BOG regional stations (except maybe a brief time the Newcastle stations were online again?) have.

Personally, I’d only want Alan Jones to move to 2SM if the station were to do the right thing (which really should’ve happened in 2011 when John Laws joined 2SM) by participating in ratings surveys again.

2 Likes

It would be good to see Ray Hadley to have real competition. I am sure he might be secretly wishing Alan to move so he has his next challenge. To beat Alan Jones. He beat Laws in the ratings , but some may say it was because of Jones in the morning.

3 Likes

Doesn’t Ray Hadley actually get a higher percentage of the audience for 2GB between 9am & midday than Alan Jones does at breakfast? As much as I personally dislike Hadley’s broadcasting, I reckon he’d be quite competitive (potentially even #1) in the ratings against Jones if both presenters were on rival stations at breakfast.

Yes he does and it also helps that a large number of stations take his programme, typically in full or 2 hours. Jones may claim to be heard on 78 stations but only 4BC takes his programme in full. It is all BS, the majority of the stations takes either his comments (10mins) a day or one hour of highlights. I haven’t listened to Hadley since the Justin Kelly spat all those years ago and yes, if Hadley takes on breakfast he will maintain #1. Interesting developments.

1 Like

And while Hadley may have more, keep in mind there are generally slightly lesser listeners at Mornings than during Breakfast - and even less as the day goes on until Drive.

1 Like

John Laws felt it when Alan left 2ue. Were John Laws rating lower than Rays? ie the year or so before Alan left UE.

2 Likes

Jones average audience: 145,00, cume: 447,000
Hadley average audience: 108,000, cume: 340,000

3 Likes