2024 Tasmanian State Election - Media Coverage

Tasmanian premier Jeremy Rockliff has called an election for March 23rd, over a year before another one was due to be called.

Discuss results and politics here: State/Territory Politics

As usual, ABC will probably have full scale coverage, including Antony Green, while Southern Cross will probably have extended updates, including speeches, while WIN and TDT will wait till Monday when they get the results via fax :laughing:.

5 Likes

7 delivering the goods

7 Likes

50 shades of grey. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The ABC election team have already got a page for the election up on the web, including Antony Greens preview.

1 Like

I hope they prep Kim a bit better for this one, I remember that last one she was struggling and stumbling through.

Guy and Sabra again? Michael Rowland maybe?

2 Likes

Possibly Daivd Speers may lead the ABC coverage, as it feels like the ABC is making him their chief election presenter, with him hosting both NSW and VIC elections.

1 Like

2 Likes

I like that 7Tas have gone with ‘Liberal Leader’ and ‘Labor Leader’ during the campaign, much more appropriate that Premier and Opposition Leader I think, in this context.

4 Likes

*SCA

to the viwers, it’s 7…

2 Likes

They need badges on their chests with 7 on them.

Also maybe a Seven umbrella.

2 Likes

And a smile /s

1 Like

Sorry, Southern Cross Television (Tnt9) Pty. Limited.

Add in a rain jacket, or those yellow bushfire jackets, and bright yellow hardhat’s with the Seven logo

2 Likes

ABC News Tasmania 7pm

A special extended 35 minute edition of ABC News Tasmania every Friday during the election campaign. Guy Stayner brings you today’s news, plus interviews and reporting as Tasmanians go to the polls on Saturday 23 March.

2 Likes

A Tasmanian party seemingly using AI to generate the VO for their election ad:

1 Like

Wonder if this will be the case going forward. Could lead to the risk of parties making opposition leaders appear to make statements they never said in advertisements.

I think that would be illegal

1 Like

Apparently it is not illegal to publish information that is not fact checked for political advertising in elections. Was noted during the voice referendum.

The forum will be shown live on Sky News at 4pm AEDT on Wednesday March 20.

1 Like