2020 Queensland State Election - Media Coverage

In Queensland has been promoting its election (and other) coverage via TV commercials.

About In Queensland

2 Likes

Saturday 31 October Seven Brisbane
Seven’s election coverage starting at 7pm (at the moment). Previous years have started at 5pm. That spot currently is 5pm News followed by Creek to Coast.

They have also dropped “Queensland Decides” from the title.

07:00 PM - 11:00 PM 7NEWS Special: Queensland 2020

SPECIAL EVENT LIVE from Parliament House. Coverage of 2020 Queensland Election night.
Featuring a countdown of the 20 biggest events in Queensland history.

3 Likes

Saturday 31 October - Nine Brisbane

Nine’s coverage will start at 5pm (unlike Seven)

05:00 pm Election 2020: QLD Decides - Polls Close
06:00 pm Nine News Saturday
07:00 pm Election 2020: QLD Decides - Live Results
08:00 pm Election 2020: QLD Decides - Analysis
09:30 pm Election 2020: QLD Decides - Election NIght Live
11:00 pm The Trump Show Rpt

5 Likes

The Courier-Mail and Sky News will host a People’s Forum on Wednesday week, three days before the polls.

1 Like

ABC promo

3 Likes

Seven News promo for election night including Queensland top 20 countdown

5 Likes

3 Likes

Probably the least worst graphics 9 Qld have produced recently, but why is everything so BIG?!

1 Like

Perhaps because everything is bigger in Queensland, whether it makes sense or not! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

New promo from Nine revealing talent line-up for coverage.

6 Likes

They couldn’t have made the music any louder in that promo. You can barely hear the voiceover at 0:16 onwards.

1 Like

I don’t want a top 20 countdown. I want election news. that counts 7 out for me. i feel like the news will be disjointed, unless they do this top 20 countdown in the first hour with minimal booths reporting.

not a bad line up tbh. i’;d be interested to see who is on the ABC - i suspect that will be my default and i’ll switch to 9 occasionally and over to sky if labor win

1 Like

ABC promo

2 Likes

Seven has updated their information for coverage.

05:00 pm Seven News - Local Queensland edition
05:30 pm Creek to Coast
06:00 pm Seven News
07:00 pm - 11:00 pm 7NEWS Special: Queensland 2020
SPECIAL EVENT LIVE from Parliament House with Sharyn Ghidella and Max Futcher coverage of 2020 Queensland Election night. Instant results. Featuring a countdown of the 20 biggest events in Queensland.

Includes Rob Borbidge AO Queensland’s 35th Premier; Cameron Dick Queensland Treasurer; Matt Canavan National’s Senator; Terri Butler Shadow Federal Minister for Environment and Mark Bailey Transport Minister.

7NEWS State Political Editor Patrick Lion will lead coverage in the field, backed by a team of reporters including Marlina Whop, Joel Dry and Katrina Blowers in all key battlegrounds across the state.

7NEWS will also countdown the top 20 events which have shaped our past.

Seven iconic Queenslander’s who’ve shared a front row seat to the biggest stories and major events will deliver their verdicts on the landmark moments in the state’s history; Maroon’s legend Mal Meninga, Australia’s 25th and first female Governor-General Dame Quentin Bryce AD CVO, Brisbane’s first female Lord Mayor Sallyanne Atkinson AO, Queensland’s 36th Premier Peter Beattie, Olympic swimming coach Laurie Lawrence along with 7NEWS veterans Kay McGrath and Pat Welsh.

2 Likes

Surely just have the news go for an hour!

1 Like

ABC election day coverage

The borders are still closed, but the polls will open for the Queensland Election 2020.

As Queenslanders cast their votes this Saturday 31st October, the ABC will bring you all the latest election news across TV, radio and online.

ON ABC TV

6:00pm QLD time (on ABC QLD only) / 7:00pm AEDT on ABC NEWS channel

LIVE from the ABC Election Centre in Southbank, Brisbane, join hosts Jessica van Vonderen and Matt Wordsworth with ABC Chief Election Analyst, Antony Green . Crossing live from Melbourne, David Speers will provide analysis and interviews on federal implications as the results unfold throughout the evening.

Joining the panel for the night will be:

Steven Miles – Deputy Premier and Health Minister (ALP)
Tim Mander – Deputy Opposition leader and Shadow Treasurer (LNP)

Plus Queensland Senators:

Amanda Stoker (LNP)
Anthony Chisholm (ALP)

ON ABC Radio

On election night tune into ABC local radio as Steve Austin presents the latest updates, results, what the election means for you and how it will shape your future.

Tune in from 6:00pm (QLD time) on Saturday 31st October on ABC Radio in Brisbane, throughout Queensland, and on News Radio.

Find your local station frequency here, Download the Listen app, or listen online

And don’t forget to catch up on the campaign to date with our Matters of State podcast. Join Steve Austin and Matt Wordsworth for their political podcast that will keep you across crucial campaign moments and break down the big questions for Queensland.

ABC NEWS digital will be providing comprehensive coverage on election night including a live blog of results as they come in.

Visit abc.net.au/qldvotes for the latest election news and updates.

2 Likes

10 will have a special election night bulletin in Queensland at 9:00pm

8 Likes

Major bulletins tonight.

4 Likes

New Seven promo for the Top 20 Events

Sunrise

Note countdown clock in second last cap - countdown of time to speak.

4 Likes

ABC Promo

News Breakfast