Nine News Content and Appearance

Was anybody watching Nine’s morning news this morning? At the end of the news the theme was running but the screen went to black with a big countdown 5 4 3 2 1. A bomb did not go off at the end, although it was the start of Ellen. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I posted the video above @JBar

:laughing: Cheers.

1 Like

To my knowledge they have always used the white background (which @1169 posted)

So one did then!

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Is this the North Sydney set?
The design above the video wall looks completely different from any of the other sets.

QTQ set from the last election broadcast.

I understand they will be in QTQ but Charles was in Sydney last time for the NT Election (and is based in Sydney) and the design of the set looks slightly different here. Maybe I’m just going mad :joy:

Charles was in Queensland for the last QLD election broadcast - which is where they got all the snippets from in that promo. QTQ set has always been a little different - so yes you are going mad.

We probably won’t have Charles or Chris in QLD this time - probably crossing live from Sydney etc like the NT Election.

2 Likes

Oh right. You meant the last QLD election. All good :+1:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they do something similar to ABC NT where they had 2 hosts in Sydney leading the broadcast and crossing back to the home state for interviews and discussions with the panel in the studio.

Just have to wait and see.

2 Likes

I think he was in Sydney ‘pretending’ to be in Brisbane at the “election megawall”.

He was never seen in any wide shot.

2017:

5 Likes

Not to whack the subject, but I saw this comparison tonight. Are the lights on the set turned off permanently?

4 Likes

Probably exposure turned down on the cameras.

The sets are starting to clock over 5 years old. The lights will be dying down by now considering how some of these sets across the country are used for hours everyday.

Ah correct.

I thought it was QTQ by looking at that set.

2 Likes

No wonder the set always looks so dull

Perth’s launched in 2016, with the rest during 2017? So only 3-4 years old at this point in time?

It’ll be interesting to see if North Sydney will be used as a prototype for a national set refresh. Sure there’s nothing fundamentally wrong with most currently in-use, but I do feel there’s room for a few tweaks to get rid of (or at least reduce the prominence of) outdated elements such as the faux-newsroom backdrop with old look titlecards on the screens.

1 Like

That’s 100% the QLD set.

4 Likes

He was at QTQ for the last Qld election. There was a Facebook live video on the QLD FB page during rehearsals where Charles explained the logistics (such as timing his walk onto the set so that he didn’t walk behind any panelists) and a field camera was used for his segments/electorate breakdowns instead of the studio camera.

The other 9 sets around the country don’t have that problem.

Oh and that other shot certainly is QTQ. No other set has the red paneling on the side.

5 Likes

Agreed. It’s definitely an exposure. If you look at both images the red is brighter and the “brightness” is a lot higher in the first one, you can see the “haziness” in it. Second one, it’s on too low an aperture.

So technically both shots are exposed incorrectly.

1 Like