2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games

I don’t think the Host Broadcaster switched the feed on till 8:15. That’s when the Beeb and ABC took their coverage.

There were no pictures coming out of the stadium (they would have been made available on the 7app if so).

2 Likes

Can anyone here access https://www.nephb.com Right now or is it just me?

Seven have a countdown to everything so to not have anything before the Closing Ceremony was the wrong decision.
The interview show that screened at 4pm and was replayed after the show should have been pre-recorded and shown instead of MKR.

Joh and Basil’s rant at the end was unbelievable. Joh certainly didn’t mince here words. Actually refreshing to see a host’s brutal honesty.

7 Likes

Not in this case because the host broadcaster is NEP.

I think you’re missing the point. Whether they did coverage outside the stadium or in the village doesn’t change the fact that Seven couldn’t show the athletes enter the stadium. Thats the issue, not a live pre show. The Closing ceremony programme (organised by the GC2018 team and host broadcaster NEP) didn’t include athletes at all tonight which it should. It hasn’t happened before, they wanted all athletes in the stadium before the broadcast started. Which has led to the athletes and audience in the stadium to leave tonight.

8 Likes

People are not happy with closing ceremony performances. What’s a disgraceful way to finish off the GC2018 Games

Exactly, if only Seven were showing a pre-ceremony countdown program before that with a cross to a reporter outside the stadium :thinking:

2 Likes

Seven could have still created something that didn’t break any rules, but had a good lead-up to the actual ceremony. Highlights, stories, anything.

1 Like

Cynic, c’mon. I don’t think I’ve ever disliked a post from you. They’re all insightful, given you comprehend and provide info we can’t.

But NO.

Joh was referring to the ENTIRE night. MKR or no MKR wouldn’t have made a difference.

Gold Coast Comm Games completely stuffed up tonight’s Closing Ceremony. Utter shame :pensive: After a great, successful games.

6 Likes

#worstcermonieever

1 Like

Jo Griggs slams Closing Ceremony live on air

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/commonwealth-games/closing-ceremony-live-all-the-colour-and-news-from-the-final-night-of-the-commonwealth-games/news-story/8a2fabaeb4501f9f5acab72db37c2f3b

Joh mentioned during her very frank thoughts about the ceremony that 7 were only allowed one camera inside for vision to use tomorrow and the footage that was captured was of Kurt Furnley before the closing ceremony posing for pictures with the Australian flag… so sounds like either way it wouldn’t have been possible to show much/anything before the broadcast started.

3 Likes

Remind me to never piss Joh Griggs off!

7 Likes

Im sorry if I missed it - but how does the host broadcaster work? Who is NEP?

NEP is the outside broadcasting company which produces many sporting events in Australia and around the world. I think it produces the feed for AFL matches too.

1 Like

10 Likes

They’ve also produced events like the Allan Border Medal and Carols By Candlelight.

International Broadcast Centre is located in the hall next to the Accredited Media Centre at the Gold Coast Convention Centre.

Their fourth time covering the Commonwealth Games (presumably they also covered Melbourne 2006)

As an aside, the Olympics have their own in house broadcasting operation, Olympic Broadcasting Services.

From their website:

NEP Australia Pty Ltd (NEP) is registered in Australia. Gold Coast 2018 is NEP Australia’s fourth Commonwealth Games contract. The company delivered the Host Broadcast for Glasgow 2014 in partnership with Sunset+Vine. NEP also designed, installed and operated the International Broadcast Centre (IBC) for Delhi 2010 and provided IBC and venue broadcast equipment …

Atleast they have it right in saying that it was 'Uncommon

2 Likes

Someone won’t have a job come tomorrow

1 Like