2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games

The buck stops here with GOLDOC and Peter Beattie. They would have told NEP what to shoot and when. They would have told broadcasters when the feed would go live and they booked the acts.

The only thing they can wash their hands of is the #BRUM car crash

2 Likes

I daresay Johanna’s reaction in that cap perfectly sums up what a lot of people thought about tonight’s Closing Ceremony! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

And I said earlier…those speeches. :zzz: Absolutely self indulgent and boring as hell.

4 Likes

Jo and basil are really going off more Jo she is really pissed off

5 Likes

Best part of the night!

10 Likes

I’ve never seen the hosts tear down an event like that before! Johanna Griggs was angry as!

9 Likes

She was mega pissed.

That’s the only thing they can put in the highlights reel. :joy:

4 Likes
6 Likes

So it looks like The Voice will win the ratings for tonight then?

As much as I hate that show, from what I saw of the closing ceremony tonight, The Voice by comparison looked like top-class TV.

1 Like

Good luck to whoever is putting together the closing ceremony highlights for tomorrow afternoon - Seven might end up showing more ads than content it was that bad

3 Likes

Would have been a different story if instead of MKR Seven had a pre-ceremony program discussing games highlights with crosses to the village and athletes preparing to enter the stadium.

2 Likes

But they still would have been missing their arrivals which is what everyone wanted to see.

1 Like

Timely tweet:

2 Likes

It’s actually a student free day, so they don’t go back until Tuesday.

They would have been able to cover it with their own resources given they would have been producing a live program with reporters stationed at various places including the stadium entrance.

I disagree. The host broadcaster NEP chose to not cover the entry. As Jo said in the video 7 were only permitted one news camera to cover the athlete entry, NEP are in control of the broadcast.
The closing ceremony is about the athletes. The ceremony basically ignored them tonight. The ceremony should be covering the athletes and celebrating them!

4 Likes

On another thing, Quentin Hull on the end of ABC Radio broadcast thanked Col Southey and Seven for allowing them access to arenas and athletes. He said the ABC and Seven had worked together at the Rio Olympics and the Commonwealth Games, and hoped to work again at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

I wonder if they even announced it on the big screen inside the venue.

Not arriving in the stadium though. As mentioned, they were only allowed to have one camera there. Maybe they could have had multiple cameras in the village and on the way there but that’s not really the same thing, is it?