2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games

Embarrassing…

1 Like

Xanadu? Are you fucking kidding?

By an Aussie artist. At least that fits the theme. Next to Me, a song by a British artist does not.

Jo Griggs telling it how it is on Twitter with her replies

4 Likes

Unbelievable cross-promoting Seven’s upcoming telemovie?

Like X Factor judges that sung at the AFL GF a few years ago :expressionless:

I wonder if the Games organisers made a huge blunder by starting the closing ceremony too late? Tomorrow the new school term starts in Queensland while people also have to go to work. The ceremony should have started at 7.30pm AEST and Seven would have shown the event live nationwide.

2 Likes

You could’ve shown this at 6PM, and it would’ve been the same. This is awful. The opening ceremony was actually pretty OK. This is just confusing. And I hate saying that.

3 Likes

Seven trying to shift the blame on air. Awkward end to their coverage…

3 Likes

Jo and Basil are slamming the organisers about how empty the stadium is and them not providing athletes coverage.

8 Likes

Good on Joh and Basil addressing this horror show

8 Likes

Wow

1 Like

At least Griggs would know being a former athlete. Good on Griggs and Zemplis calling it out.

8 Likes

Seven just replaying Kurt Fearnley inside the stadium before the ceremony taken by Seven News cameraman.
Basil even criticises some of the speeches.

5 Likes

Wow, Basil & Jo aren’t holding back and deservingly so

5 Likes

Those empty seats…

10 Likes

Farewell Gold Coast 2018. In 4 years time it will be Birmingham 2022.

Peter Donegan and Melinda Gainsford Taylor called the closing ceremony

3 Likes

Live coverage back on just after 10:30pm

They’re absolutely right though. It’s about the athletes and the organising monumentally stuffed this up.

3 Likes

Host broadcaster NEP owes the entire world an apology.
I hope the Birmingham organisers and the next host broadcaster (I hope it is the BBC not NEP) get the closing ceremony 100% right.

1 Like

There was nothing about the athletes throughout the whole show and good on Jo and Baz with them addressing the empty seats, was spot on, it was a horrid show. There was no inclusion of the athletes and to prevent showing them NEP should be ashamed.

3 Likes