2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games

Embarrassing

3 Likes

Closing Ceremony only got worse as it’s gone on :confused: And great pick up by @TFTV! Wow, Joh probably should’ve been more careful

I know he took over from Andy Kay at Seven’s EP of AFL. Didn’t realise he still worked at Seven. Coincidently, the latter is credited in various places online as “Head of Olympics and Commonwealth Games” for Seven, not sure if that’s the same as EP or not.

1 Like

I think it’s good that they had Australian performers and when they sang their own songs it was fine. It was better when they sang Aussie classics.

But what’s the point of them singing random overseas songs? What’s the relevance of Sisters Are Doin’ It For Themselves for Comm Games in Australia?

2 Likes

The ‘Live & Free’ part just disappeared from the watermark

As a result of taking the ad break, they’re now roughly a minute behind

1 Like

Not sure why I’m still watching. I need your body by Tina Arena? Really?

2 Likes

Where are the athletes???

4 Likes

It’s very song and dance enjoyed parts. But overall. Boring

I am listening to ABC Radio broadcast now and it is about 30 seconds in front of Seven.
I thought the first half of closing ceremony was good and broke with tradition with Queensland Ballet dancers lowering the Commonwealth Games Federation flag, carrying it across the stage to the handover ceremony. It was just the second half that is becoming cringeworthy, e.g. the Birmingham performance segment.

1 Like

Make that two to three mins now

1 Like

Closing ceremony live on alternate feed so no ads during the event

2 Likes

Obviously no longer ‘LIVE’

1 Like

They should have just taken the ad breaks during those speeches :sleeping: and stayed live now.

6 Likes

Way too drawn-out, too many speeches too

Seven has shown the first 80 minutes live ad free so it is catching up on ad breaks now.
Kate Ceberano singing for the second time, performing Deborah Conway classic It’s Only the Beginning. Quentin Hull said on the ABC that Deborah Conway was supposed to perform but she was unwell, so Kate stepped in.

1 Like

Hands down the worst ceremony I’ve ever seen. It feels like it lacks any structure and the coverage leaves a lot to be desired - what’s with continually showing sweeping shots of the stadium rather than the performers?

3 Likes

Kate Cebrano didn’t even sing her own song? So confused. What is this mess? P.s I love Kate cebrano

1 Like

Same with Dami Im and The Veronicas.

Most of them sang another Aussie classic. But I agree they have wasted opportunities of these great performers not performing their own songs.

1 Like

According to the Courier Mail 10 mins ago

CLEVER patrons are leaving the closing ceremony half an hour early, jumping straight on to shuttle buses waiting for them.

With the ceremony not due to finish until 10.30, a steady flow of spectators are filing out of the stadium.
It’s looking like the stadium will be completely empty before the finale comes to an end.

They have poseted twitter video of streams of people leaving.

1 Like

Also, there’s only 30 or so athletes still there. Oh dear.