10daily

TenDaily is also using CBS news reports. So far a lot of Ten News content is appearing, but they aren’t adding supers.

https://tendaily.com.au/news/v180514eiv/hawaiian-volcano-erupts-again-20180514

1 Like

So what does this mean in regards to the Ten Eyewitness News pages on Tenplay? Are they being made redundant to be used on TenDaily instead?

1 Like

I’m surprised they haven’t sent out an email yet to all those who signed up to receive updates ahead of the sites launch.

TenPlay is still being used for non-use programs, so if anything I’d say they might be posted on both, if not only TenPlay.

1 Like

First e-newsletter here.

Also on the tenplay homepage:

3 Likes

3 Likes

I note there’s no app.

1 Like

It’s not bad so far but why oh why can’t they live stream one & eleven

Just saw the report on the news and they said it’s fully integrated with the news department so really it must be one cog in the expansion of the news as well. Hopefully that new guy starts expanding the news content.

8 Likes

no app. mobile website

1 Like

News story on Ten:

News super:

The super is used in the headline recap and one more thing I forget.

10 Likes

Brisbane, Georgie also plugged the closer (skip to 17:00)

5 Likes

Some new angles as well I’ve noticed.

1 Like

it was nice to go to the website and see a whole lot of content there already to hopefully keep people browsing.

1 Like

they’ve been working ‘off line’ for about four weeks as I understand it, so already had things in the can.

MasterChef content promo tongiht

6 Likes

Whilst the site and strategy seems sound and well executed for the launch I’m just not sure how much traction they’re going to get in such a market. It seems so late in the piece. I’d like to see this work due to the employment it has created in the the media and it does give ten some multi platform opportunities. Just think it may be a little too late.

3 Likes

While I agree with you these sorts of sites tend to waver in popularity here and there (e.g. you don’t see as much about say Mamamia as you did 2 years ago) so while they’re extremely late to the game, it could slowly build some traction.

Considering CBS didn’t scrap the idea when they bought Ten they clearly see long term potential in it.

6 Likes

ten daily’s Editorial Team Announced.

Network Ten today announced the appointment of the key editorial team behind its new website ten daily.

Launched yesterday, ten daily is a short-form video led, standalone, mobile-optimised website that brings Australians the latest and best in news, entertainment, lifestyle, food, opinion and sport content while drawing on the resources of Network Ten, the home of some of the most iconic and talked-about television content in Australia, including MasterChef Australia, The Bachelor Australia, The Bachelorette Australia, Australian Survivor and The Project.

Joining Executive Editor Lisa Wilkinson, Managing News Editor Sandra Sully and Managing Editor Melinda Cornford are Deputy Editor Chris Harrison, News Editor Eoin Blackwell, Deputy News Editor Rashell Habib, Senior News Reporter Josh Butler, Lifestyle Editor Kelly Baker and Senior Entertainment Reporter Mat Whitehead.

Chris Harrison joins ten daily from HuffPost Australia, where he held the title of Opinion Editor. Chris has also held senior editorial positions at News Corp and has written for The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, The Guardian, Sports Illustrated and Mamamia, among others.

Eoin Blackwell was most recently Senior Editor at HuffPost Australia and previously its Senior Reporter and Podcast Producer. Before joining HuffPost Australia, he was a National Reporter, Foreign Correspondent and Finance Reporter for the national news wire AAP.

Rashell Habib was formerly Social Media Editor for news.com.au. Rashell has worked for several publications as a journalist including The Manly Daily and The Daily Telegraph.

Josh Butler was formerly the Associate Editor at HuffPost Australia and Editor at HuffPost Australia, with stints in the Federal Parliament press gallery. Josh reports on politics, social affairs, homelessness, crime, social media, technology. He is also a former reporter for The Illawarra Mercury and United Nations correspondent for the Inter Press Service news wire in New York City.

Kelly Baker comes to the ten daily team from 9Honey Mums, where she was Editor. Kelly was also Beauty Director for HoneyStyle, former Editor Body + Soul, SHOP Til You Drop and Beauty and Health Director of The Australian Women’s Weekly.

Mat Whitehead was previously the Entertainment Reporter at HuffPost Australia and has also worked at BuzzFeed.

In addition to the editorial team, contributors to ten daily include Lisa Wilkinson, Sandra Sully, Waleed Aly, Joe Hildebrand, Hugh Riminton, Sarah Harris, Angela Bishop and Matt Burke.

Melinda Cornford said: “We’ve established a strong editorial team to launch ten daily. The impressive names, faces and voices behind our compelling content will be what helps set ten daily apart.

“Our talented journalists each bring a wealth of digital experience, innovative ideas and energy to the newsroom, together with our influential mix of Network Ten journalists and presenters contributing to ten daily. I’m looking forward to showcasing our compelling content to Australian audiences via our brand new platform.”

1 Like

A lot of hirings for this venture. Surely they could invest in news and expand that on air as well.

3 Likes