10daily

From ASX report today

In September this year, TEN will introduce tendaily, a new, standalone website that will be rich in short-form video and offer users news, entertainment, lifestyle and sport content.

Tendaily represents a significant expansion of the Company’s digital strategy and will operate alongside tenplay.

1 Like

They’ll have to have some sort of news department to offer some sort of news. No doubt click bait tabloid shit.

1 Like

That’s a pretty long road map for a company which by all reports are living week to week financially. Optimistic at least.

“Ten will be reliant on its billionaire shareholders which includes Bruce Gordon, Gina Rinehart, Lachlan Murdoch and James Packer plus Foxtel to secure new funding” - TV tonight

so i don’t think they are living week to week if they secure the funding from them.

And hopefully they do come to the rescue. But either way, a $232 million loss and warnings of ‘material uncertainty’ don’t exactly scream stable financial position to me.

I knew this was going to happen…

4 Likes

Lisa Wilkinson Appointed Executive Editor Of ten daily.

Network Ten today announced the appointment of Lisa Wilkinson to the newly-created role of Executive Editor of ten daily, effective January 2018.

ten daily is Network Ten’s new standalone, mobile-optimised website that will be rich in short-form video content and offer premium and exclusive entertainment, lifestyle, opinion news and sport content. ten daily will launch next year.

Lisa will lead the editorial team at ten daily and contribute to the website. The new role is in addition to her previously announced position with Network Ten’s award-winning news and current affairs program, The Project, in a hosting role. She will work alongside The Project’s hosts Carrie Bickmore, Waleed Aly and Peter Helliar, as well as hosting The Sunday Project.

Lisa said: “I’m thrilled to be adding ten daily to my new role at Network Ten. The digital space is such an exciting place to be, and with so much Ten content already available, I can see a huge opportunity for ten daily to go to the next level as a must-visit daily digital destination.”

Network Ten General Manager, Digital, Liz Baldwin, said: “We are delighted that Lisa has agreed to take on this new and important role at ten daily, along with her role on The Project.

“With her extensive experience as a journalist and presenter across magazines, television, radio and digital media, Lisa is the perfect person to lead the editorial direction of ten daily.

“ten daily will deliver smart, snackable and highly shareable video content stories largely designed for the mobile experience. Coming to life via the website, social channels, daily newsletters and other channels, ten daily will capitalise on the growing demand for short-form content and give Australians a new, exciting way to connect with our content, on-air presenters and much more.”

To register for updates about ten daily, please go to https://tendaily.com.au/

3 Likes

That’s great.

Ten are hiring for a number of positions for the upcoming launch of ten daily in 2018 including an Entertainment Editor, Lifestyle Editor, News Editor, Social Editor, Video Editor & associated reporting roles.

2 Likes

From The Project thread

Seems the launch for ten daily may’ve been pushed back again, with the above release from Ten stating “later this year”.

Taking a long, long time to get this off the ground. I wonder how much money they’ve poured in already…

1 Like

ten daily more like ten next century

4 Likes

You guys expect everything yesterday.

1 Like

Well it was initially announced at the 2016 upfronts and then announced as coming in September last year, so fair game to wonder or question when it might actually be surfacing.

3 Likes

to be fair I think Channel Ten has had a few other pressing issues to deal with over the last 12 months

5 Likes

Mel Cornford Appointed Managing Editor Of ten daily

Network Ten today announced the appointment of Mel Cornford as Managing Editor of ten daily.

Ten daily is Network Ten’s new standalone, mobile-optimised website that will be rich in short-form video content and offer premium and exclusive entertainment, lifestyle, opinion news and sport content. It will launch this year.

At ten daily, Ms Cornford joins Lisa Wilkinson, who was appointed Executive Editor earlier this year. More editorial appointments will be announced soon.

Ms Wilkinson’s ten daily role is in addition to her hosting Network Ten’s award-winning news and current affairs program, The Project, with co-hosts Carrie Bickmore, Waleed Aly and Peter Helliar, as well as hosting The Sunday Project.

Ms Cornford joined Network Ten in 2016 as project lead on ten daily and has played a key role in developing the new website.

Before she joined Network Ten, Ms Cornford spent more than 10 years working in digital editorial production, content, commercial, strategy and staff management for industry-leading organisations.

Most recently Ms Cornford was Head of Yahoo7’s lifestyle, entertainment and travel division, leading the launch team for Yahoo7’s lifestyle and entertainment platform, Be. She has also held senior editorial roles at News Corp Australia, including online editor of body+soul and senior digital producer at Vogue Australia.

Network Ten General Manager, Digital, Liz Baldwin, said: “Mel has been integral to the creation of ten daily and I’m delighted to welcome her as the website’s Managing Editor.

“Mel’s impressive background leading digital editorial teams across many top online brands made her perfect for the role and her editorial vision has been key to the development to ten daily.

“Together with Lisa as Executive Editor of ten daily, we have an impressive editorial team dedicated to bringing a fresh entertainment and news brand to Australians everywhere,” she said.

4 Likes

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/ten-network-holdings/590/1579?u=tv.cynic

3 Likes

Will we see ten daily merge to be the major news brand? Eyewitness news will probably be pushed aside to integrate the news element of ten daily into the news service. Just a thought.

2 Likes

I was thinking that if they really wanted to get more exposure for the website and tie it into their television business they could do a half hour daily entertainment type program with the same title in the afternoons.

Obviously it would work like an Entertainment Tonight type show but an Australian version - kind of like how Nine works in 9Honey as a segment to it’s Nine News Now program. Given CBS’ interests in expanding ET into a bigger 24/7 platform I’m sure such an idea wouldn’t be unwelcome for Ten to float with the new owners.

It could be pre-recorded after Studio 10 from the newsroom with a few quick set changes, featuring regular host Angela Bishop + someone else to fill in when she’s away. They could also have Craig Bennett, Liv Phyland, Scott Tweedie etc as regular contributors or correspondents.

Plus additional people like Maude Garrett, Xavier Brinkman, Hyla from the states and Lucy McDonald in the UK who are already appearing across The Project etc could contribute additional content across various entertainment genres.

It would have in studio interviews, entertainment headlines, packaged stories, overseas junkets and local premieres etc. I’m sure advertisers such as movie / streaming / music distributors would pay for their latest song or flick to be highlighted as well as gossip magazines or other websites who aren’t direct competitors would be interested also.

They could replay it overnight or on other channels in later timeslots to get advertisers more exposure with extra eyeballs for the show. Just an idea…

4 Likes

Sandra Sully Appointed Managing News Editor Of ten daily.

Network Ten is pleased to announce that one of the most respected News presenters and reporters in Australia, Sandra Sully, is taking on the additional role of Managing News Editor at ten daily.

Ms Sully will continue as Presenter of the TEN Eyewitness News First At Five flagship bulletin in Sydney, and in addition to her editorial direction and management role with ten daily, she will contribute to the new website.

Ms Sully said: “I’ve been passionate about digital media for many years, in particular, the ability to engage people with News content across multiple platforms.

“My new role at ten daily is a natural extension of that passion. The digital space is an exciting place to be and ten daily will be a strong extension of our News skills and content.”

Ten daily is Network Ten’s new standalone, mobile-optimised website that will be rich in short-form video content and offer premium and exclusive news, entertainment, lifestyle, opinion and sport content. It will launch this year.

At ten daily, Ms Sully joins Lisa Wilkinson, who was appointed Executive Editor earlier this year. More editorial appointments will be announced soon.

Network Ten Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “Sandra is one of the best and most admired television news presenters and reporters in Australia, and I am delighted that she is joining the team at ten daily.

“Sandra was an early adopter in using digital and social media to build on traditional News coverage and create deeper engagement between Ten News and our viewers.

“News will be an important part of ten daily and I cannot think of anyone more qualified to take on this important and exciting new role,” she said.

11 Likes