10daily

Jeeze, they have a long way to go. Well behind the major players.

1 Like

Does it surprise you?

What were the ratings of the others when they launched?

5 Likes

Honestly I think the numbers are pretty decent after a year to be not far behind the likes of Pedestrian, Junkee, etc especially considering the delayed launch.

They can only build from here.

4 Likes

Not sure why anyone would be surprised that in a year they aren’t anywhere close to the established top 10 digital websites, it would be fairer to compare it to sites like Junkee, HuffPost, Pedestrian, The New Daily etc.

I actually think it’s a pretty decent start for a brand new news site, where 10 haven’t had anything in that space for years & years - they can only go up from here.

5 Likes

You’d have to imagine that overtaking or at least becoming a very serious competitor for BuzzFeed (who as we know, were affected by some major cutbacks a few months ago) in the readership figures would be an eventual goal for 10 Daily?

2 Likes

Nick Bhasin from SBS is joining 10 daily as Views Editor.

Any clue what a “Views Editor” does?

1 Like

Editing views and opinion pieces that sit under this tab on the website.

https://10daily.com.au/views

Thanks.

Former Mamamia Managing Editor Valentina Todoroska is the new 10 daily Lifestyle Editor.

https://10daily.com.au/authors/valentina-todoroska

2 Likes
6 Likes

10 Daily has a bigger team to match its bigger audience

Network 10’s news website 10 Daily has announced two senior editorial appointments as the site continues to break audience records.

• Valentina Todoroska has been appointed lifestyle editor.
• Nick Bhasin joins as Views editor, managing 10 Daily’s large network of editorial contributors.

Valentina’s appointment is effective immediately while Nick starts at 10 Daily on 26 June.

The appointments follow 10 Daily achieving its highest audience to date in May with 941,877 unique visitors, up 32 per cent from April 2019*.

10 Daily’s executive editor Mel Cornford said: “10 Daily continues to smash goals each month. And now, to be celebrating our highest audience result in May off the back of our first birthday milestone is the icing on the cake!”

“The addition of Valentina and Nick to our talented editorial team puts us in an even stronger position for year two - it’s onwards and upwards for 10 Daily.”

Prior to 10 Daily, Valentina was at Mamamia where she spent five years in various editorial roles, most recently as managing editor. She’s also held deputy editor and morning editor positions for the site.

Valentina said: “I’m thrilled to be leading 10 Daily’s lifestyle vertical as I have been watching the site steadily grow over the last year and I’m excited to be a part of such a highly regarded and dynamic editorial team.”

Nick joins 10 from SBS where he has spent almost four years as an entertainment editor, writer and podcaster. Prior to SBS, Nick was the editor of Foxtel Magazine. Nick also spent over five years as an editor and writer at OK! Magazine and has worked at various international media outlets such as InTouch Weekly and The New York Times.

Nick said: “I have been very impressed with what the Views vertical has accomplished so far – especially the quality of writing and the variety of its contributors. I couldn’t be more excited about the chance to shape its future as part of the 10 Daily team.”

3 Likes

It’s doing better than ever I expected considering how much they faffed about before launching it.

I think with more and more hard paywalls going up, the site is primed to keep growing for the foreseeable future.

4 Likes

Nick Bhasin’s first opinion piece for 10 daily

Localised now.

Meh, some paywalled Australian sites get around the same traffic everyday as 10Daily does in a month.

1 Like

Former WIN News Central West Reporter Alison Dance has joined 10 Daily as a Video Editor.

5 Likes

Bruce Morcombe writing for 10 daily, they really have some great contributors for their views section of the site.

1 Like

Who else?