Paramount Australia & New Zealand

Ross Dagan Appointed Network Director Of News Content.

Network Ten today announced the appointment of Ross Dagan to the new role of Network Director of News Content, effective early May 2018.

Mr Dagan will be responsible for Network Ten’s News content and operations across all distribution platforms, including TEN Eyewitness News First At Five and news content on ten daily, the new website that will launch this year.

He will report to Network Ten Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey.

An experienced media industry executive with a strong record of leadership, achievement and innovation across Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the Middle East, Queensland-born Mr Dagan is currently Executive Producer for News at Aljazeera English, based in Doha, Qatar.

Mr Dagan’s previous roles have included Director of News Brisbane and Seven Queensland at Seven Network; Head of News and Current Affairs at TVNZ; and Director of News Sydney and Brisbane at Network Ten.

Ms McGarvey said: “The appointment of Ross is the next step in the evolution of our News service and I am very pleased that someone with his Australian and global experience has agreed to join Network Ten.

“Network Ten has a very proud heritage in News, while CBS is one of the leading news organisations in the world. That combination underpins our commitment to building our News service.

“With more than 20 years’ experience in news, Ross has unique credentials, a proven track record and a reputation for leading change.
“He is the ideal person to lead and expand our News division,” she said.

Mr Dagan said: “Network Ten’s people are its greatest assets, many of whom I have had the privilege of working alongside before.

“I am looking forward to returning home to help them build on the strengths of Ten News across all platforms.

“The network is extraordinarily well-placed to look to the future of news and how we produce and deliver news, information and conversations that are most importantly credible, but also contemporary and engaging,” he said.

9 Likes

Replacing John Choueifate?

Correct, John’s resignation was announced about 2 weeks ago now.

Different title though, so they’ve changed rhe role rather than this one being incremental?

The only difference being the addition of the word content at the end, right?

Based on the press release I think it’s probably been done that way to encompass more than just the 5pm news, but also digital news such as ten daily as it mentions and probably any other news content from the network.

1 Like

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: tendaily

Andrew Jackson Appointed Head Of Government And Regulatory Affairs

Network Ten today announced the appointment of Andrew Jackson as Head of Government and Regulatory Affairs, effective immediately.

Mr Jackson will report to Network Ten Chief Operating Officer, Annabelle Herd.

Ms Herd said: “Andrew has a wealth of experience and achievement in the political, government, commercial and industry advocacy sectors and I am delighted to welcome him to Ten’s executive team.”

Mr Jackson has more than 25 years of government and regulatory experience in the private and public sectors, including 10 years at IBM in Australian and global roles.

He has also held senior roles in the Federal Department of Communications, Information Technology and the Arts and the Federal Department of Finance and Administration. For the past four years, he ran his own Singapore-based consulting firm, working with a range of multinational companies in Australia and Asia.

He lives in Canberra, so he might be based there rather than in Sydney. ?

A Statement From Network Ten: Neil Shoebridge.

Network Ten today announced that Neil Shoebridge has resigned as Director of Corporate and Public Communications to establish his own communications consultancy firm.

Mr Shoebridge joined Network Ten in February 2012 in his current role.

He will depart Network Ten on 25 May but will continue to work with the company as a consultant. A new Head of Communications will be announced soon.

Network Ten Chief Executive Officer, Paul Anderson, said: “Neil has done an amazing job at leading our communications and publicity teams and we are very grateful for the passion and dedication he has shown Ten and our industry over the past six years.

“We wish him all the best with his new venture and we are delighted that he will continue to work with us in his new capacity.”

Mr Shoebridge said: “I have loved working at Network Ten for the past six years, but it’s time to pursue a new challenge.

“I will always appreciate the opportunities Ten has afforded me and the many talented people who I have worked with here. I’m pleased that I will remain connected to Ten in a consulting role.”

Details of Mr Shoebridge’s new business will be announced in late May.

1 Like

The Ten letterhead now has on there that its a CBS company.

19 Likes

Starting to remind me of the CBS channels in the UK

Ten has lost its one-third ownership of TX Australia to Seven and Nine for $1, however Ten is considering appealing the court ruling.

surprised the ACCC hasn’t stepped in here, given that TXA have a monopoly on broadcast transmission in metro areas.

This is not good for Ten.

3 Likes

Ten’s financial position should have improved since it was bought by CBS, therefore it should be able to keep the 1/3 ownership of TX Australia.

the clause, dug up by a 7 legal eagle, in the contract (of all three commercial networks being 1/3rd partners) states that if any one of the networks goes into receivership (exact word??) then the others can buy them out for $1.

The problem is Ten wasn’t in receivership…

2 Likes

Receivers and managers were appointed. Is that different to being in receivership?

well, it never closed up shop.

I’m sure technically it was all above board - obviously since the court ruled - but it isn’t moral.

2 Likes

Carla Webb-Sear Joins Network Ten As Chief Financial Officer.

Network Ten today announced the appointment of Carla Webb-Sear as Chief Financial Officer, effective 14 May.

Ms Webb-Sear is currently Group General Manager, Finance, at Fairfax Media Limited. She will report to Network Ten Chief Executive Officer, Paul Anderson, and join the company’s leadership group.

Ms Webb-Sear has held various finance roles at Fairfax Media Limited since December 2007, including Finance Director of the Australian Publishing Media division and Group Financial Controller and Investor Relations.

Before joining Fairfax Media Limited, Ms Webb-Sear worked at EMI Music Australia and PwC in Australia, the UK and the US.

Ms Webb-Sear’s appointment follows the resignation of Dave Boorman, who has been Network Ten’s Chief Financial Officer since November 2015. He will remain with the company until 31 May.

Mr Anderson said: “I am delighted to welcome Carla to Network Ten. An experienced financial professional and strong strategic thinker, she has a proven track record in leading change in fast-paced, complex and transforming industries.

“I would like to thank Dave for his significant contribution over the past two-and-a-half years and we wish him all the very best for the future.”

Mr Boorman said: “I am proud of the transformation that has been achieved at Ten. With CBS, the company is now part of a major global media corporation with financial stability and is ready to take on the challenges ahead. I wish the company all the success for the future.”

Ms Webb-Sear said: “I am excited to be joining Ten and the strong team taking the network into the future with renewed vigour.

“Ten has evolved in a changing media landscape and I look forward to using my industry expertise to help make the most of the many opportunities ahead and drive the company’s performance.”

1 Like

Lots of appointments this month by the looks of it!

Yet the failed Anderson and Mcgarvry remain. Nothing will change at the place until they’ve gone. It’s all just too much of the same. And no with no sport at all they need to get new blood in their to rethink the whole network.

1 Like