10 Play

Wow, great knowledge

Might not be relevant, but there seems to be something about 2007 onwards for some reason. Channel 11 only started from there when they used to repeat it and same with official YouTube channel. Only reasons I can think of are HD and/or wide screen masters? And I think the original Australian company Grundy dissolved in 2006 (when global Fremantle bought it)?

ah. I scrolled up but not far enough it seems…

I’d rather watch it on Prime Video with no ads, possibly better image quality.

Outrageous Fortune seems to be only available on Tubi.

It’d all be to do with residuals.

If every actor/ress on the show had died then they wouldn’t have to pay them if they stream it?

How did Stan get the old The Flying Doctors then would Stan have to pay residuals?

Oh god. If you’ve been on Neighbours and are still alive, watch out! TV Addict is coming for you! Lol

Ok sorry that came out wrong. Didn’t mean to offend anyone.

1 Like

I know what you mean. I’m just being silly!

1 Like

Was funny though :grinning:

Even if the actors have passed on, residual payments may still apply and go to the actors’ estate which would usually be their surviving family

Most likely.

It should also be pointed out that a lot of older shows, not foreseeing a future market for re-runs and syndication, didn’t inherently come with capacity for residuals, meaning that actors could see their work paraded in re-runs and merchandise for years and they wouldn’t get a cent for it. I believe some actors or merchandising deals may have managed to get access to residuals retrospectively but for some iconic shows like Skippy, the actors claim that despite the show selling worldwide and being shown in re-runs even to this day, they have never received a single cent since their last pay cheque when the show was in production.

2 Likes

This was a big issue back in the 90s with shows like Prisoner and Neighbours which were having big success in the UK and Europe and being repeated on networks and pay TV. Grundy Productions was making big money but the actors were receiving nothing.

Actors like Val Lehman and Alan Dale were vocal at the time about fixing this for Australian actors.

3 Likes

I don’t know how true this is but apparently Prisoner is coming to 10play from New Years Day?

It’s true.

1 Like

i wonder if they’ll show the full thing?

This is good to see but they really need to fix that website, it’s horrible.

2 Likes

Channel 4 UK Soap Hollyoaks is now on 10 play, it looks to be fairly recent episodes from Season 26 (2020 I believe) with 60 episodes available to catch up on so far.

The show previously aired on 7two for a few years from late 2008 to early 2010 and then on BBC UKTV from early 2013 until later in 2017 when it was removed.

It looks like they all dropped on Dec 1 with no episodes added each day.

Who would watch this? If they aren’t adding more why bother getting invested in it?

If you’re going to get the rights to a soap/ daily drama you need to do it properly.

I think they uploaded 60 episodes of Hollyoaks to test the waters. If more people watch the show then they will add more episodes.

I can stream all fta live channels and their vod’s via google chrome on the various fta websites, but when it comes to 10play using google chrome i can only stream their vod’s. When i try using google chrome for 10play live channels streams i just get a black box, no video, no matter if ad blockers are on or off. The only way I can stream 10play live channels is with edge browser. Ive had this issue about a year or longer. If anyone has any idea why this would be happening please let me know.