10 Play

According to TVTonight.com.au Ten is expected to expand its live streaming of programs to include all content from 4:30pm to 7:30pm from tomorrow.
I’m A Celebrity is expected to be added to this once it begins.

It is believed geoblocking will be used to restrict viewers to content being screened in their local market.

3 Likes

This topic has been relocated to the new Streaming and Catch up services area of Media Spy

Quite interesting.

Perhaps if this is successful, Ten might do full online streaming of network channels sometime down the track?

According to TVTonight.com.au Ten is expected to expand its live streaming of programs to include all content from 4:30pm to 7:30pm from tomorrow.
I’m A Celebrity is expected to be added to this once it begins.

It is believed geoblocking will be used to restrict viewers to content being screened in their local market.

1 Like

How much content gets blacked out on Seven and ABC’s streaming? If Ten only doing a small portion of the day is down to rights issues, I wonder how the other networks, and presumably Nine, managed to clear it up?

If it isn’t rights, why would you only stream such a small part of the day - if it’s not a full time service, no one’s going to rely on it, especially if it’s inconsistent as to when they will be streaming and when they won’t.

Geoblocking is even more stupid - streaming lets networks break down the time zone barriers - the kind of people who will embrace streaming are likely the same who will engage heavily with live social media, which is surely the goal?

If the experience with the news online streams were anything to go by (initially geoblocked by state, dropped later) I wouldn’t be surprised if the geoblocking by states/local markets for this early evening lineup streaming thingy is eventually dropped.

The news geoblocking had to do with rights issues with the content from US affiliates. Hopefully Ten doesn’t revert to geoblocking the news.

Family Feud has been accessible for ages, just don’t close the app/browser after the news.

Ten need as many eyeballs as possible. Restricting viewers doesn’t help its cause.

1 Like

Thought this was the best place to post this: TEN’s Chief Digital Officer, Rebekah Horne is departing.

Good excuse to get someone new in, fix the catch-up service and keep it for just that. They then need to re-introduce a more news focused website again (tennews.com.au or ten.com.au/news) which is easier to use and find, not buried under pages of catch-up tv.

Also get with the times again as they’re really lacking in the online/digital/social space and launch a new news app or reintroduce their previous effort with some better updates.

See post in the Ten Network Holdings topic.

Liz Baldwin Appointed General Manager, Digital

I understand that you will be able to access all news services live via tenplay.com.au/news, no changes to those streams (or the Studio 10 stream in the morning.)

I dare say this initial roll out is due more to testing the waters before diving in.

Good to hear re the news bulletins.

The news stream availability on the iOS app has been all over the place for the past few months. Often only the Adelaide bulletin will be accessible.

I’ve noticed that too.

There is a new LIVE button on the homepage of the tenplay website, it’s on the right hand side next to the login details.

It has a full schedule of what’s being broadcast live on the website each day. Hopefully they make it easier to find on the mobile browser version & app.

Here’s the link - http://www.tenplay.com.au/live

hmm…is Tarsh meant to represent both Eyewitness News and Studio 10?

I wouldn’t read into it too much, it appears they have just gone with the evening line-up of shows being streamed live and used Tarsh as a national example for news. Probably also comes down to space restrictions in the graphic.

and who they have a headshot of, readily available.

I think the background behind Tarsh’s head in that clip is one from Ten Eyewitness News, obviously because she’s really the only national newsreader at the network these days.

Same deal with the backgrounds behind the heads of the other personalities, they represent what show they’re on! :wink:

The content appears to be state geoblocked except for news bulletins with interstate bulletins accessible via a link on the right hand side of the page.