10 Play

Ten seems to have made “improvements” to Tenplay.

There is now a requirement to sign in to watch content. There wasn’t when I used it last week.

It no longer works on Microsoft Edge browser for me.

Seems to be detecting ad block software. Shows won’t load on Chrome until I’v paused ad bloc to allow the show to start. When ad bloc is turned back on during playback it’ll skip the ads.

Seems to be improved picture quality.

Yeah… I got an add for the first time when streaming on my Samsung TV last night. It was only one add at the start of the program, but I guess that’s a start.

The new version of Tenplay is bloody annoying on an Android phone.

To go Back, you were able to use your Back button at the bottom right. Now, if you want to go Back, you have to touch the screen and tap the arrow on screen in the top left corner. You’re blocked from using your Back button. Very frustrating.

1 Like

What sort of Android phone have you got?

Samsung S8

It looks to me like it’s been designed with iPhone users in mind and no regard for other phone users.

Charmed airing 2 days after the US !

After being on Monday’s basically since it’s inception, Supernatural is moving to Tuesday’s.

1 day after actually. It premieres on the 14th in the US which is the 15th here. I doubt it will rate though it looks horrible in comparison to the original.

1 Like

I know , the article says 2 .

I watched Gogglebox last night on the website, didn’t ask me for an account. Oddly i had adblock on and an ad or two slipped through.

https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/game-of-games/extra/season-1/building-game-of-games

Ten have launched tenplay shorts.

Short form web series is the fastest-growing trend in the golden age of TV, and Australian creators are at the forefront of the movement. (YAS!) We’re producing thousands upon thousands of episodes per year and cleaning up at awards ceremonies, with some of the most popular efforts being turned into bigger shows for broadcast TV and streaming sites.

From the wild and whacky, to the utterly hilarious and the completely dramatic, our collection of original short form web series has something to tickle everyone’s tastes.

Smaller episodes require smaller budgets, meaning web series creation is a lot more accessible for up and comers as well as already established creators. And in an Internet age with an insatiable appetite for awesome content, we’re devouring show after show when we can, wherever we can, and hang the data!

There are plenty more web series to come so fluff the pillows on your bed, curl up on the couch, or drown out the peeps on public transport and check out some great Aussie web shows.

Current shows are TGB (spin-off from Playing for Keeps), recent pick up’s Stage Mums & 600 Bottles of Wine plus the two Offspring web series The Caravan & St Francis which have been on tenplay for a while.

https://tenplay.com.au/tenplay-shorts

1 Like

App has been updated on iOS to a fresher cleaner look

Hopefully it also runs more reliable and doesn’t jump back after airing tenplay ads

2 Likes

Just back from an ad on tenplay… drum roll
:drum: :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum:

It didn’t jump back :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Now if only they could get rid of the music that repeats while we wait to go back to live…
And maybe use the time to advertise - static shots of their programs and schedule (keep the we will be back soon message in the bottom right hand corner out of the way but still visible)

Arrrrrgh :roll_eyes::frowning::frowning::-1:

Well that didn’t last… half way thrive story on Julia Louis Dreyfus and it bounced back to ads and now replaying the last 60 seconds

Why is it so hard to fix this?
Or don’t they care?
Ten Ten Ten… anyone listening?

It needs to be just a straight feed of the free-to-air channel, same as Seven, Nine and ABC, then they wouldn’t have these problems.

3 Likes

Interesting that they’re still developing Tenplay, suggests it’s not about to disappear.

Agree, This is what was in the update…you don’t update your layout if you are throwing it away…unless you don’t know what’s going on elsewhere…

Optimsation fixes…FAIL

just loaded Tenplay, started @ 30 min delay and now its jumping thru segments…we were at 9:57. and now its gone back to 9:50 …just gets worse, the video of What in the weird is caught up now but with audio of an infomercial overlayed…

Wouldn’t want to make me pay for this…

It’s been a bit hopeless lately. Since they redesigned the website, the live stream is often left off the homepage too and you have to find it through the drop down menus. Quite frustrating.

Help me get the app fixed please…if you use Tenplay, send them an email!

thanks

## Still having issues?

If you’re still experiencing issues after this please email contactus@networkten.com.au with the following details so we can liaise closer with our Tech team to resolve the issue.

https://helpdesk.tenplay.com.au/support/solutions/folders/16000080122#sol-article-16000048109

2 Likes