1 News NZ

Both sets look very similar, I was always under the impression it would be too expensive to get a second video wall set but I’m glad they do have a back up, maybe Seven Sharp could use this set instead of the lines on screen background.

4 Likes

Would be great if they replicated in a similar fashion to the main one for Seven sharp on a smaller scale. I know they have to account for fire exits and doors etc but can make them like an over lapping ring. But the set still looking full circle.

3 Likes

Just posted my Mashup of the current 1 News Midday theme.

10 Likes

Yeah it would be better if they could replicate it. This sounds crazy but I was thinking Seven Sharp should utilize TVNZ’s central city location and have a street side set up (NBC Today/GMA) as a point of difference with The Project having a live audience. Probably wouldn’t work with it being dark outside but possibly for Summer. Just a thought.

1 Like

Whatever happened to where they filmed Today Live?

1 Like

I think that was just a converted office space rather than studio.

It’s a pretty grimy part of central Auckland near TVNZ but a view like that would be okay for breakfast.

4 Likes

Are you saying the three show The Cafe is filmed at TVNZ ?

1 Like

I think it may be now part of the main foyer just to the right of where this image is

rear left of this image

Also while the searching for those images found out who made the large LED wall in the news set
Local company MonstaVision
http://monstavision.com/buy.php?ln=-Interior-High-Resolution_link00200009464250216000001045900000000

It used to be filmed there went to a filming when they had an audience they in the last few years moved to a new space with the production company.

4 Likes

Got to admit, every time Wendy is on the 6pm news i always light up. Feels warmer and more enjoyable when she’s hosting!

4 Likes

I think it’s slightly elevated so maybe first floor? As you can see it above the shops and certainly above street level?

That main foyer sits at about a floor above street level as you can see from street view.

but you may be right about being 1 level higher. Depends if it backed onto the courtyard or just saw the tips of the trees.

4 Likes

I’m thinking it may be the level above the main foyer. You can’t really get a view of the intersection from reception.

By moving the entrance from where it currently is, you’d have a perfect view for something like Breakfast. Even having a camera out there and projecting it ala-Sunrise. A lot of BF crosses back in the Paul & Pippa days were done from there.

3 Likes

Your right about it looking grimy, so maybe not the best looking backdrop. Surely there are some great vantage points in that building. The Today Live set up wasnt too bad especially when it wasn’t dark outside, they also used that set for the 2002 Commonwealth Games coverage.

I was thinking this as well, they should move the reception area to allow Breakfast to have a street side studio or something similar Sunrise Australia. Maybe Three’s new owner Discovery might look at it for a possible relaunch for The AM Show if they move premises.

I’ve always thought the atrium (in its previous configuration) which they used for one off Breakfast specials at Xmas and also election coverage would be great for Breakfast as a fulltime set but I don’t think it was ever seriously considered.

3 Likes

Just saw this on 1 News Facebook Page for their live stream tonight

4 Likes

I don’t like it . Lol

1 Like

Looks like they’re using the Lotto set for election coverage.

1 Like

6 Likes

Over on the Election thread

5 Likes

The backdrop of the debate looks like the entrance foyer to Parliament

1 Like