1 News NZ

Wonder if he might move to Newstalk ZB fulltime? He does Sunday nights currently and fill-in when required/available. No obvious slot for him though other than Sunday mornings since Andrew Dickens left.

2 Likes

A new promo with John Campbell promoting the first leaders debate. Caps incoming.

9 Likes

Wendy reading Breakfast news and Renee on the weather i tenei Rāpare.

6 Likes

And Scotty Stevenson in for John Campbell.

Opener: https://streamable.com/l1igxg

4 Likes

They have an excellent B-team.

2 Likes

Video

3 Likes

Leaders Debate set looks ultra good. They’re using one large screen and some AR that extends the set.

Lower thirds for election night are different from 2017 in that they’re square (as opposed to regular curved shapes).

Mix of purple, white and gold.

4 Likes

J may fluffs around too much gets annoying

2 Likes

Random, baseless speculation:

John Campbell, Matty, Hilary and Jeremy all away today/tonight. Maybe some filming for new promos or 2021 show reels?

2 Likes

Welcome to MediaSpy! You’ll fit right in

8 Likes

Now, for my next task I’ll speculate on whether presenters are sick and what illness they might have.

14 Likes

Followed by a relaunch alert!!!

8 Likes

Seven Sharp reporter Tim Wilson has announced today he’s leaving TVNZ after 16 years.

7 Likes

Wish 1 news still made promos using this type of footage so I can make a more updated version of this I did 7 years ago!

6 Likes

New set used for the Cannabis referendum debate, I’m guessing this will be used for all of the debates?

5 Likes

Hope 1 news use the same election music at 2017. Had their signature tune in it. Would be silly to just use it once.

5 Likes

Isn’t this the same set for the lotto as well?

2 Likes

Yup that’s the Lotto set, Studio 3. This is the studio being used for the first Leaders Debate too.

1 Like

Wow, I actually had no idea they had another large video wall set, I just assumed the lotto was filmed from the 1 News set.

1 Like

I always used to think it was filmed on the News set but it seems they do have a second large LED screen in the second studio (Previously home to Good Morning and The Cafe till recently)

2 Likes