1 News NZ

Interestingly (maybe lol), Paul Yurisich departed 1 News at the same time Judy Bailey left in 2005. She said a goodbye to him before she began her own farewell.

4 Likes

Ah sorry. Fixed the mistake thanks :+1:

Hopefully he can return the Network News to its former glory and professionalism it has lost since January 2006 era. High standard of news gathering and information presentation is much needed, but Paul would know as he was 1’s Executive News Bulletin Editor before departure with Bailey in Dec 2005.

In another ironical connection to this appointment, first One Network News Chief was Paul Norris, in late 90’s, Paul Cutler, now it’s 3rd Paul Yurisich.

Knew the name sounded familiar

1 News is having some problems with their watermark appearance in the bottom right corner.
Here’s some screencaps for example.

1 Like

With it being Maori language week they should get Oriini Kaipara to read the six all week.

1 Like

Nope. She’s a terrible newsreader.

4 Likes

I’d rather Scotty Morrison!

1 Like

Oh yea Scotty lol both of them

Oooh that’d be iconic. Scotty and Orinii double header.

1 Like

Scotty would be great. Unfortunately, Orinii doesn’t enunciate very well and I find it very hard to listen to her. Though give her regular shifts on Midday and Tonight and I think she’ll find her way to 6pm in the future. Just not right now.

1 Like

We’re excited to welcome Indira Stewart to the Breakfast team as our new newsreader. She’ll be on your screens alongside John, Jenny-May, and Matty soon - tēnā koe e Indira, nau mai ki tā tātou tīma!

5 Likes

Who is she? Never seen her before. Good luck to her!

1 Like

Very interesting appointment. Her show on RNZ is very good.

2 Likes

Indira Stewart will be the newsreader on TVNZ 1 Breakfast and Chris Chang will be the permanent newsreader for TVNZ 1 Midday

2 Likes

Who?

I was wondering the same thing. NZ Idol finalist turned journo. She has presented the 5-6am show First Up on Radio NZ since it launched May last year.

3 Likes

Any clips? I’d like to see (or rather hear) what’s she’s like.

This is a bit of background about Indira Stewart

2 Likes

I’m hearing that Tim Wilson is leaving TVNZ at the end of next month.

1 Like