1 News NZ

Melissa Stokes filling in for Hayley on Breakfast this morning.

1 Like

I’ve got to say Melissa Stokes is soo natural on breakfast I just can’t understand how hayley holt has got the job on TVNZ breakfast no charisma at all

1News showing a Reuters track at midday. Don’t think I’ve seen them use their content before.

On another note, I think TVNZ no longer has BBC content but I can’t be sure. They still have access to Sport tracks but it’s been a while since I’ve seen BBC used in news.

1 Like

Lucky TVNZ getting Reuters our Newshub Reuters line is unusable 90% of the time due to the position of the dish

Wow. Weird. Would have thought it’d be all FTP/web now?

They offer them as a package i think, one LIVE news feed and access to online content after live feeds

1 Like

I saw a BBC item on tonight’s six o’clock bulletin.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Christchurch Mosque Shooting - Coverage

I did a mashup of the Breakfast theme

6 Likes

Weirdly…tonight, 1News had a recap of the night’s top stories after the first break.

EDIT: I think that’s because John Campbell did a five minute live spot from the Chch vigil and a Sunday plug with Miriama Kamo. I reckon they’ve stopped an ad break tonight.

2 Likes

Off chance she may have read in her days at 3 but I can’t recall it.

Yeah it’s all fairly generic. Greg had a great taste and exposed me to some great tracks. It’s possible the new team decided to leave that because they couldn’t match it?

1 Like
8 Likes

I’d rather midday and tonight used brand music myself, and for Daniel Faitaua to wear a tie too

I thought you’d like the remixes? :blush:

Surely it depends on the tie?

Personally I find without ties they look rather scruffy then again I don’t like the breakfast boys attire either lol

Scotty Morrison has been great with Hilary this morning.
I reckon he’s completely under-utilised by TVNZ. Woukd like to see him utilised at 6pm as a back up for Simon if John Campbell is unavailable.

2 Likes

For reference

3 Likes

John Campbell filling in for Simon on the 6pm news tonight.

1 Like

Would love Campbell to take over. The audience is very familiar with his work and would likely be a smooth transition from Dann. Tame doesn’t seem ready for quite the senior role that Q&A is just yet.

If he did make the move from Breakfast, I’d be delighted though to have Daniel replace him and possibly Anna Burns-Francis vacate the newsreading role?

2 Likes