1 News NZ

There’s definitely been a revamp to the Seven Sharp music. More upbeat, I quite like it.

Another element from the 1News current campaign.

4 Likes

Seven Sharp theme - from 2018

3 Likes

Continued great use of the AR Graphics tonight regarding Te Matatini, the “Maori Olympics.”

Erin Conroy doing the weather last night and tonight on 1News.

1 Like

I wonder who will take over Q+A with Corin off to RNZ. Expect it will be Campbell but their last political shuffle was unexpected (Jessica Mutch Political editor instead of Katie Bradford or Andrea Vance).
Rebecca Wright’s overseas post is coming to an end, I would put her in the mix. She’s a sharp shooter, similar style to Tova O’Brien on Three, she would make a great political editor (or Q+A host, as I guess Mutch won’t be wanting to give up pol editor role before the election).

2 Likes

Yeah a tricky one.

Are we sure Rebecca Wright is leaving? I agree she’d be a great choice but the US correspondent doesn’t work like the UK/Aus one (2yr cycle) as the US reporter is freelance. (My source says it’s due to US work laws). So while she’s been there for 2 years now, she may not be home for a while.

I’d be looking at Tim Wilson for Q+A. Or maybe someone like Heather Du Plessis-Allan if she’s welcome back at TVNZ.

1 Like

Just found this gem :rofl: Both Jeremys on the networks’ 7pm shows were out on the same Hugh Jackman assignment this morning.

4 Likes

Yup, she is. To quote article from Aug last year:

When Rebecca was offered the much-coveted two-year contract as TVNZ’s US correspondent, the timing was hardly ideal.

At the end of this year when Rebecca’s contract ends, the plan is to head back to New Zealand and settle down. “It’s where I’m from and where I want to be long-term.”

1 Like

Interesting. Something might have changed in the way they award it. Cheers for the link.

2 Likes

Yeah I thought the same. He was a very natural fit for the show.

2 Likes

Still unsure if Susan is up to doing live broadcasting after her fall a few years ago, she has never done ZB since (used to be the fill in for breakfast and drive); as well as Q&A. Awful on so many levels and robbed us of a great presenter.

Don’t think Jack would do it. Short turnaround from finishing that til Breakfast the next morning, although I know they have couches at TVNZ he could sleep on :laughing:

2 Likes

Just watched half an hour of breakfast, nothing but cringe, I feel they’re losing any credibility they had left. Tv 1 is the wrong channel for this team in my opinion. Catering to the wrong audience I think.

4 Likes

They are all good to great broadcasters in their own right but they don’t feel much like a team.

Kiwis like opinion at breakfast and while I don’t particularly like Garner and Richardson together (too much of the same reckons), it’s a more engaging product as Breakfast feels a bit too formulaic.

2 Likes

Yes Breakfast and Seven Sharp are pathetic now… TVNZ seem determined to make their shows as PC as possible.

I agree with this too. Started off good as Garner wasn’t so opinionated but over time it’s become a bit of an ego trip between the 2 of them.

2 Likes

Q&A isn’t airing tonight for the second part of Leaving Neverland.

2 Likes

John Campbell presented 1News tonight with Wendy.

Thing I like about John is he likes to engage with the viewer and not just reading an auto cue.

2 Likes

Agreed. It does make his co-reader seem a bit robotic though.

2 Likes