1 News NZ

Yes agree with you on Greg Boyed @Woodpecker, doubt they will find anyone as well suited to the role as he was.

There are plently of capable journos at TVNZ who could host Q+A without having to shake up the Breakfast show … If they go with Jack Tame I think it’s probably more about a fresh start for Breakfast than not being able to find anyone better than him to host Q+A.

I wonder how the brekky ratings are? Last I heard, The AM Show was winning 25-54 on consecutive days.

Breakfast I think is finally finding its feet. The team are gelling better than before.

Spelling mistake on Seven Sharp tonight.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s part of the new campaign to lower the road toll… if you’re in a crash, you have to do jury duty.

1 Like

Reporter Emily Cooper has left TVNZ and is now based in London.

1 Like

This morning - Anna Burns-Francis filling in for Hayley & Melissa Stokes filling in for Daniel. Has this happened before? Would’ve thought Melissa would be co-hosting with Jack.

I think Anna has probably filled in more times as co-host than Melissa? Not sure.

It seems a bit out of whack haha.
See the video here on 1 News

2 Likes

Yeah, just seemed weird lol.

There was a live cross tonight to 10 News First’s Eamonn Ashton Atkinson, for the Notre Dame Cathedral fire.

2 Likes

7 Likes

I believe Joy Reid is on holidays.

Jack said just now he is leaving breakfast to host Q&A good riddance tbh. Said something about John Campbell but did not hear.

John Campbell will be replacing Jack once he leaves to Q&A. He starts in two weeks time - Monday 29th April.

What a replacement! not sure how I feel… did like jack, but like John aswell.

1 Like

John and Hayley hmmm…
Might just turn into a repeat of Hilary and Jack a few years ago. A disaster!!!

2 Likes

Just need Hilary to replace Hayley???

3 Likes

I’d move Anna Burns-Francis in to replace Hayley at the same time, if I was TVNZ.

1 Like

I’d move Faitaua to co-host and get someone else to be newsreader if I was TVNZ. It’d be a bold move, but I think it would be a stunning line up.

Not sure who should be newsreader.

It’ll be interesting to see how Holt and Campbell are on camera.

Love John Campbell but it is an unusual appointment, management at TVNZ must have begged for him to do it albeit how long he agreed for would be interesting.

He claimed in previous interviews that he didn’t want to return to the studio but I imagine its a hard habit to break for someone who has done daily news for so long to give it up.

1 Like