1 News NZ

Marvellous! Makes sense he’s now Simon’s back-up.

1 Like

Great to see he brought his own pen… for no paper :joy:

1 Like

Get rid of this Simon-whatshisface-dude and bring Campbell on 24/7!

I would have never thought I’d see John Campbell reading the 6pm news again (let alone on 1), with Hilary Barry on the 7pm show that follows! The handover banter was just great. Reminds me so, so much of 3 News.

The Weldon era ruined a lot.

6 Likes

New promo around for 1News. Talking about the number of things they do each day (phone calls, footage filmed, facts checked etc).

1 Like
6 Likes

Not a bad promo, certainly something different than the usual spin we see from networks.

1 Like

Just missing their “NZ’s most trusted news” tagline they were using for a while - was quite clever I thought after Newshub claiming to be NZ’s number one news source …

1 Like

Q+A is back next Monday @ 9:30PM

1 Like

1 News Tonight updates now promo the next morning’s Breakfast:

2 Likes

Former TV3 journalist Jendy Harper has been reporting for 1 News for a few months now.

1 Like

She started at TVNZ at Holmes (I think)

I don’t know how old the segment is, however the “Not the News” segment on Breakfast seems to reuse old 1 News themes.

Simon’s reading Midday this arvo. First time?

Certainly think so, at least this side of taking over the 6pm bulletin back in 2006.

Seven Sharp might be instating an updated theme tonight from what I can hear during the previews. More pace in the beat and added percussion.

1 Like

No doubt more efficient for TVNZ to produce this on Mondays as they can utilize people who would be around for Tonight bulletins.

I didn’t even see a theme tonight. Maybe I missed it…

Still gonna have to do pre records during the day I doubt many politicians want to do a live interview that late at night.

corrin dann is usually a good interviewer
on q&a but last night he was awful my wife commented how rude he was to PM and she is not a fan of hers