1 News NZ

Here are some caps I ;was able to get working on getting some video, had a corrupt file.
LIVE cross to just around the corner

TeKarere Wide shot

Midday Wide shot

3 Likes

Glad that weird podium thing went away.

1 Like

It was needed for promotions of the Star Wars movie out this week.

3 Likes

Someone needs to tell Paul Hobbs to relax his eyes, always looks like he’s had a couple of rails.

Here is a video of the shaky camera work.

2 Likes

Shaky, Shonky… how about not fit for broadcast.

1 Like

It’s an obvious change in approach but it’s rubbish. I prefer the filmic versions they used to do in the newsroom. There’s a way to do what they’re trying to do but it’s certainly not that.

1 Like

Mike Hosking and Toni Street departing Seven Sharp as of tomorrow night.

I think Hilary Barry might move to SS, unsure about whether Jack would go with her or whether she needs a co-host. Not sure who would slot in on Breakfast but they could do worse than enticing Pippa Wetzell back.

2 Likes

Surprised both Mike and Toni are leaving, I know Toni does radio as well. Will be interesting to see what flow on effects it will have at TVNZ

Brief mention (half a sentence) of a new set for 7Sharp in the new year.

The Herald is causing trouble again, reporting that Hillary Barry has been moved to Seven Sharp with TVNZ to announce a Co-Host early next year

Not sure Hilary is a great choice though it might improve Breakfast’s ratings if she is moved on from that show. It sounds like Three will not be making any changes to The Project presenting team next year. I would poach Mark Richardson for Seven Sharp - I think he would have good chemistry with Hilary & it would slow the growth of The AM Show

Mark Richardson no thanks personally haha

2 Likes

Just came across this on Reddit/NewZealand

2 Likes

Is that a new screen? I’m trying to figure out why this went to air…accidentally broadcast rehearsal footage from a new set?

1 Like

Looks like it, I can’t figure out why either

Im guessing new set or maybe a Lotto set?

Doesn’t look like lottos, slightly curved and don’t see any depredation between the screens.

2 Likes

Solo Presentation tonight on 1 News at SIX with Peter Williams

Renee Wright on Weather

4 Likes

Solo Hillary Barry as the face of 1 News when?

Can’t see it happening. She’ll move to Seven Sharp though.

1 Like