1 News NZ

They used the 2008 (I think) theme to close the special at 4pm. Returning at 4.30 after Te Karere.

4 Likes

That’s interesting. I wonder why the system still has it loaded? Newshub accidentally played the 2011 3News headline bed once.

3 Likes

Yes it was. Streamable Link (Expires in 24hr)

14 Likes

Haha! Again, would love to know how this happened/why the playout system still had the old version loaded. The current 1News theme has been in use since 2015.

4 Likes

Such a better theme than the current one.

9 Likes

At a guess sound was being done by someone who maybe doesn’t do the news hour and located a end of bulletin track?

2 Likes

I think the old music always sounds better after you’ve had the current one for a few years. Would be nice to have a bit of rotation occasionally.

1 Like

I did think, though, on hearing that again just how much more powerful it is than the current music. Would love a version of that to come back with the next big revamp.

2 Likes

Breakfast on air until 11.30am this morning

2 Likes

1 News should’ve sent Simon Dallow down to Napier for this evening and had Melissa Stokes or Wendy Petrie in the studio. Single headed anchoring can be limited in this situation.

1 Like

Mihingarangi Forbes had worked at TVNZ in the past when she was part of the Te Karere team as a reporter.

John Cambell who was already in the area was live on 6pm tonight. Yes I do recon that they should’ve had him anchor from location with Simon in studio

1 Like

JC is in Tairawhiti though… I think they needed Simon (or Wendy) on the ground in Napier.

Having said that, John’s PTCs are unrivalled, they were lucky to have him on the ground…

4 Likes

1 News extensive coverage from 5:30pm tonight.

2 Likes

Interesting to see that the same thing is still happening in reverse even post-merger kaput.

Some technical gremlins with the Hipkins feed according to Melissa Stokes on Midday. And then suddenly, RNZ’s web feed appears. Along with a nice surprise on the screen when the stream ends.

Judging by the framerate, it looks like a basic webrip.

4 Likes

I think RNZ are happy to share media conference feeds with TVNZ for web streams and their feeds have also appeared on the Herald/Stuff from time to time too. Think the favour is returned from time to time.

2 Likes

There could be a new legislation on renewed merger that will attract cross party support

There won’t be.

Because public media bill is a mistake and hope there is a better legislation to make TVNZ non commerical

1 News reporter referring to a ferry as a ‘vehicle’ in a report this evening… :roll_eyes: