1 News NZ

Oops, that was supposed to be Deputy Leader :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@OnAir TVNZ’s regular news and current affairs lineup returns next week (23 January) but can I ask, are you saying that Simon Dallow is out of the country?

Don’t know Paddy - but he is on his summer break so he might be! I was wondering whether it was possible he might be called in early given the magnitude of today’s news

1 Like

Thanks, @OnAir. Until then, Daniel Faitaua has done a fantastic job over the summer - reading the 6pm news on most nights.

To me, Daniel is deservedly a popular and professional member of the New Zealand news media and, as always, is one of the most preferred newsreaders I have ever seen.

1 Like

Thank god the fake plant walls have disappeared (at least in this promo)…

The background was fine before, its just the bad AR that needed to go

1 Like

What’s the background meant to even be? Looks horrible. Is breakfast news anymore or just fluffy bits?

2 Likes

Also breakfast has a new sponsor

Here was the open to the bulletin tonight

5 Likes

@Michael_Eccles Ryman Healthcare is sponsoring Breakfast this year. Meanwhile, BP has taken over from Mobil as sponsor of 1 NEWS’s sports bulletins.

Just saw this on Breakfast’s Facebook story. Doesn’t look like we will see any changes to the on screen graphics.

1 Like

That background seems a little too striking for 6am in the morning.

7 Likes

2 different cross promos for Breakfast on tonight’s bulletin.

2 Likes

Far too poppy

Breakfast this morning, no changes on the on screen graphics just the new backdrop.

2 Likes

Why are they using two separate hosting positions and conversing between the two? God this is a mess.

2 Likes

The News graphics and lower thirds should change colour to match the theme of the background

1 Like

Would be good if they learned to spell, too…

1 Like

Here was a montage of the first 30 mins

2 Likes

How hideous

3 Likes