1 News NZ

Why do they insist on being so patronising? “Your news… here’s Chris with your news.” It’s not our news, it’s the news. It’s been like this since Jack Tame did it and it bugs me. I know it’s only a small thing but it’s so annoying.

And just what does Matty have on the bosses at TVNZ? He is so annoying and false and I cannot believe he has lasted 6 years on Breakfast. Surely viewers don’t like him that much?!

4 Likes

Liked what I saw of Anna and Chris but does Breakfast even have an EP ? as others have said it’s all just such a mess

3 Likes

:nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I would have just preferred Chris and Anna as hosts, Jenny Suo on news and someone new and fresh on weather. I actually miss the old format and find JMay and Matty should front another morning show at 9am thats an extension to breakfast

2 Likes

Appropriate for a women’s life style show… and that’s about it. It’s a horrible background and doesn’t work well the the teal straps. 1 news is going back to the old days of no brand uniformity.

3 Likes

Breakfast need to ditch Jenny May and Matty, as some said above, give them an hour after breakfast (take the graphics too) surely it won’t cost much. The entire hour would just be them glorifying their egos anyway.

3 Likes

am is probably a better viewing than this play skool show! Chris and Anna are much better than the old two presenters, who need to be dumped.

Simon Dallow has just returned from his overseas holiday to anchor his first 6pm news for 2023.

1 Like

Where’s Anna :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Whilst this story seems no harm no foul bit of a joke… it was the breaking news strap for me that shows breakfast is losing the plot.

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS8AqDdTu/

3 Likes

Ali Pugh anchoring 1 News Tonight.

3 Likes

Good to see Ali back again newsreading

3 Likes

Video

3 Likes

Not a fan of the the graphic inlay with story subject. Doesn’t suit the background.

1 Like

Wendy Petrie hosting from the Auckland Domain.

8 Likes

Love an outdoor news bulletin

1 Like

I thought 1 News did an excellent job last night. I think they should look at anchoring from on-location more often. I know they did this during the Christchurch and Kaikoura earthquakes too.

7 Likes

Breakfast on the ground live tomorrow

1 Like

Works best with double headed presenting when you can have one on location and one in studio. But yes I think it’s really important to get out in the field sometimes.

1 Like

New look 1 News

1 Like