1 News NZ

My old radio school in Auckland goes on field trips to various media companies to see what goes on behind the screens, normally former students take the current students through.

1 Like

There was also the NZBS before the NZBC… Every Govt since broadcasting began (radio in the 20’s) has meddled with the running of it until Prebble’s late 80’s reforms.

1 Like

Jack Tame and 1 News featured on Tonights episode of shortland street, using proper graphics and logos as if it was a real life Breaking News situation.

4 Likes

Saw that, glad to see Jack on the desk. Has anyone else seen the 1 News budget logo…I think I’m in love :joy:

4 Likes

Melissa Stokes and Simon Dallow hosting 1News at 6 tonight

3 Likes

Various caps from 1 News Tonight

5 Likes

Ive always been curious about the ‘Tonight’ brand that 1 News uses for this bulletin, has the brand ever really caught on? I dont know anyone who calls it ‘Tonight’ and it just seems to be easier to call it the late news.

On the other hand Nightline on TV3 was a brand that seemed to be referred to as such including reporter sign offs as well as a format a bit different to the 6pm bulletin.

2 Likes

Break down during 1 News Tonight due to a Fire alarm occoured at 11:01pm

Breakdown screen started at 11:05pm and ended at 11:13pm.

9 Likes

So it looks like they didn’t return to air?

2 Likes

They played the breakdown screen then moved onto the next scheduled program.

3 Likes

So that’s where the Goodnight Kiwi went!

4 Likes

Hilary Barry presented 1 News Midday this afternoon - aside from special/rolling coverage, it’s her first bulletin she’s presented since leaving Three last year. She certainly hasn’t lost her skill :slight_smile:

Credit to NaruTVMock

9 Likes

Some videos from today.

A montage of Te Karere:

1 News at Six from tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FApDYVW2-Q

As well as Seven Sharp. Carolyn Robinson filling in for Toni Street, who is on assignment.

Might as well mention that Maiki Sherman has joined the Seven Sharp team from Newshub as a reporter.

2 Likes

Tim Wilson in for Mike Hosking on Seven Sharp tonight (7/7/2017). Mike is on holidays.

Melissa Stokes presenting 1 News at Six with Simon Dallow this week (10-14/7/2017).

Jack Tame co-hosting with Toni Street on Seven Sharp Monday, Tuesday and Thursday this week as well as working on Breakfast.

Wednesday 12/7/2017 - Sam Wallace co-hosted Seven Sharp with Toni.

Friday (14/7/2017) - Sam Wallace and Carolyn Robinson hosting Seven Sharp.

2 Likes

Just an observation Ive noticed when watching a 6pm bulletin and then the late bulletin is that Stories filed by the US & Europe correspondents at 6pm are usually ditched and replaced by stories compiled by Nine News with the full Nine News branding and watermark for the late bulletin.

Anyone have any idea why they do this, a way to keep the bulletin stories a bit more fresh perhaps?

1 Like

The only thing I would say it might be is the US\Europe correspondent stories are usually donuts (live crosses before and after) so their stories would lack context for replaying later on, but that’s a wild guess only.

1 Like

I see a few elements from the 1 News desk have gone… those glass panels lit up on both sides.

2 Likes

Just had a gander at the desk plaform again noticed they actually changed it to a smaller one hence no perspex/glass panels up the side.of desk anymore. Wonder why

1 Like

Possibly moving around some elements ahead of the debates/election night coverage. Supposedly there is augmented reality involved from wherever they are doing the election coverage from. (Presumably not the atrium like the glory days of 2005).

2 Likes