1 News NZ

They could as they have majorly updated the space and it’s bigger than ever.

1 Like

Yeah I just don’t think they will. But willing to be surprised!

1 Like

Didnt catch last election coverage but going from that video TVNZ had on youtube it seemed pretty lazy. Also with no disrespect to Toni Street, she just didnt seem to fit the bill for this type of event.

2 Likes

I really wish One would get rid of the weather tease at the top of the bulletin on major news days especially when those stories are sad/sombre.

It flows terribly, even when the weather presenter mentions the significant news of note as Sam Wallace did tonight with Colin Meads’ death.

(I wish they’d get rid of the tease altogether but it’s been through a number of news directors who keep it)

4 Likes

Its hard to think its been like that for 10 years now, as pointless as it is it would seem weird without it. Re; the sombre stories at 6 that lead, they should have a more sombre theme similar to the tonight one. In the blue colour of the backgrounds not the time lapse images.

2 Likes

No doubt our NZ Media Spy’s know by now that Mike Hosking will be moderating all of TVNZ’s televised debates :zipper_mouth_face: 1’s Election night special will be fronted by Hosking along with Hilary Barry, Simon Dallow, Wendy Petrie, Corin Dann and Jehan Casinader. There will be a day-after special on Q&A from 7:30am, followed by Marae at 10am headed by Miri Kamo and Scotty Morrison.

1 Like

John Gillespie (Head of News & Current Affairs at TVNZ) promises that election night coverage will be “incredibly exciting”, as the night will play host to TVNZ’s new augmented reality studio set.

So 1 news will have a virtual set is that what theyre saying. Ive also noticed Dan isnt doing weather in studio with them. He is lit differently now and theres no head glances at hand overs.

Big ratings for last night’s first leader’s debate. 783,700 tuning in.

4 Likes

Just seen the intro on YT, thought the music would have bee library stuff but seems to have that signature 1 news tune. Output picture quality was awful, looked like someone had recorded it on vhs then played it.out and over sharpened it

4 Likes

Yeah wasn’t native HD. Looked bad

1 Like

From what I know it was filmed out of TVNZ’s studio 2 identical in size and shape as the main set but usually hosts the Lotto NZ set, MediaTake, The CAFE, Good Morning.

1 Like

So have the moved the 1 News set or do they just have the weather somewhere else now?

Breakfast has moved to the 1 News set, they’re still using the desk though.

The final leader’s debate will come from the One News studio so perhaps a studio relaunch on the Saturday night of the election?

1 Like

a bit different lol.

5 Likes

The reason the riser for the 1 News desk was replaced was probably to accommodate the Breakfast desk.

1 Like

TVNZ’s Seven Sharp just confirmed TVNZ have a new set in the works, promising that it is indeed bigger, better with new engaging technology. Can i just say, it’s about time lol.

5 Likes

I think they presented in front of the RHS video wall tonight, with sport at its old place on the left of the desk. That would be why weather is presented somewhere else.

2 Likes

Here’s some grabs

6 Likes