1 News NZ

Ha ha… Simon does not look impressed :wink:

On another note, how long has this been running?

I know there was talk about introducing some sort of news onto 2, but a kids’ news? Good idea, anyway.

4 Likes

It’s been going for a few months now. Glad we finally have Kids News after such a long time with nothing.

3 Likes

Another Gem from DigitaliseMe on YouTube
A full 1 News bulletin from May 11th 2004.

7 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of knighthoods, but that person is worthy of one for his services to content alone.

2 Likes

Qualities of a good news broadcast and presentation and best news presenter ever on New Zealand Television.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/300732466/technical-issues-sent-tvnzs-breakfast-off-air-for-nearly-45-minutes

2 Likes

Seen during tonight’s TVNZ Upfronts, Seven Sharp will have a new look and a new logo in 2023.

13 Likes

Looks like a graphics refresh for Seven Sharp, lets hope a new modern set as well

3 Likes

What, did they get a lifeguard to design the logo?

1 Like

Also looks like Q+A night time logo is back?

2 Likes

I think Paul Henry summed that set up perfectly:

“And then you’ve got Seven Sharp… What is that backdrop? And also, the most inappropriate coffee table. It defies belief. Clearly they have the ability to create any kind of backdrop they want!”

In fact the whole interview is worth a read:

7 Likes

Phil O’Sullivan is TVNZ’s new head of news and current affairs, under a revised title of executive editor, a former One Network News Reporter of the 1990’s era. Hopefully he will bring back high standards once the staple of 1NEWS.

New set seen on tonight’s show preview. Strange they aren’t waiting till next year

4 Likes

Looks more like a ‘Good Morning’ revival set, than evening current affairs

10 Likes

Some caps. Missed the first shot since they started a bit earlier. Not ‘Seven Sharp’ haha

7 Likes

What’s this program meant to be? Like ACA meets 7:30?

I like the new lower thirds.

1 Like

After this makeover, actual indepth analysis of the days news is dead. The set looks awful and that background is hideous.

3 Likes

TVNZ’s preparation for merging with RNZ going well :joy:

1 Like

I like it, just wish that was a screen behind them, but still looks miles better