1 News NZ

After this makeover, actual indepth analysis of the days news is dead. The set looks awful and that background is hideous.

3 Likes

TVNZ’s preparation for merging with RNZ going well :joy:

1 Like

I like it, just wish that was a screen behind them, but still looks miles better

It’s like The Project but more fluff/feel good stories really. Funny because Jesse Mulligan was on Seven Sharp before he went over to Three onto The Project.

2 Likes

Dear god no, that is an absolute insult to 7:30.

When it launched it was channeling The Project with a 3 person panel but with story packages done by journalists. These days it is like The One Show on BBC with the light hearted stuff that ACA would have, they still have a few journalists on the show mixed in with some comedian reporters.

5 Likes

It’s closer to something like studio 10

2 Likes

Here’s a video of it in action

7 Likes

It’s a national embarrassment that this show rates so well. Hillary Barry is so much better than this.

And as for that studio… :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

It really is, older demographic props it up probably. Would love to see Hillary in a different role.

4 Likes

Still stand by the fact it looks like a lifeguard designed the logo. I’ve always been more of a Project watcher anyway.

Those colours give me a hankering for marmite for some reason…

1 Like

Very 1997 Breakfast.

Here’s an idea: bring back Campbell Live! Or if TV3 still own the rights to that name, I don’t know… call it ‘John Now’ or something? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No, in all seriousness, ‘light and fluffy’ is obviously the vibe both channels are going for at 7pm these days, so sadly I think Seven Sharp (the name is enough to put you off) is here to stay. Well, at least until the merger. If it still happens.

We’re lucky we even have Seven Sharp. Back when Close Up ended, the bosses at the time supposedly came very close to replacing it with a gameshow.

1 Like

Because it rates… if hard news/interviews rated well they would do that…

1 Like

I dread what the next 1 News set might look like given the recent rebrands

4 Likes

That was kind of my point, Grady. As I said, TVNZ nearly got rid of that slot altogether.

2 Likes

I agree with @NuStraya.

3 Likes

TV3 was the same with 60 Minutes, Campbell Live and Target in the 2000s and early 2010s before big changes for the channel which all shows as axed replacing with multi night reality programming running overtime which they are trying to resemble the Australian commercial channels.

3 Likes

If only your bosses at Discovery would stop lobbying against the merger and allow TVNZ to have the extra NZ on Air money to become an actual public broadcaster and have a nightly hard news show to challenge those in power.

Internal job by Blacksand?