Zumbo’s Just Desserts

I’d say it’s more like a Great Australian Bake Off knockoff.

2 Likes

ZUMBO’S JUST DESSERTS adds Gigi to the menu

Top pastry chef Gigi Falanga joins a crème de la crème line-up on ZUMBO’S JUST DESSERTS.

She will appear alongside hosts and judges, Adriano Zumbo and Rachel Khoo, as Zumbo’s assistant.

Under their watchful eye, 12 dessert makers will put their sweet making skills to the test until the ultimate dessert king or queen is crowned.

Gigi will act as time keeper and report back to Adriano and Rachel. “I’ll be keeping a close eye on everything the contestants are doing,” she says. “I’ll be asking them lots of questions; is that the right consistency? Do the flavours work well together?”

Originally from Brazil, Gigi is one of the most exciting emerging talents in the Australian dessert industry.
After moving here in 2004, she has ascended the ranks of Sydney’s best fine dining restaurants including the Shangri-La Hotel, The Bathers’ Pavilion, Manta and Jonah’s.

Her combination of elegance, finesse and creativity has been moulded by some of the country’s best pastry masterminds including Anna Polyviou, John Ralley and Alfonso Ales.

Australia’s most passionate dessert makers are ready to make some magic in Zumbo’s candy-coloured Dessert Factory.

1 Like

Very colorful “Willy Wonka” inspired promo aired during House Rules.

2 Likes

Another brilliant promo. Looks flash and the hosts/judges seem really likeable.

3 Likes

Coming after the Olympics

3 Likes

Saw a new sneak peek tonight during Border Security. Some incredible desserts there, including one shaped like Willy Wonka’s hat, on a plate which floats on mid air (using magnets I think). Will there be some sort of MasterChef-like pressure test where the contestants have to re-create Zumbo’s dishes?

2 Likes

Premieres Monday August 22, according to a new promo aired straight after Seven News here in Melbourne.

1 Like

[quote=“JohnsonTV, post:28, topic:594”]Premieres Monday August 22,according to a new promo aired straight after Seven News here in Melbourne.
[/quote]This Monday after the Olympics promo has been airing since this morning.

2 Likes

Do we really need another cooking show?

Apparently, in primetime too.

ZUMBO’S JUST DESSERTS

Timeslot confirmed for “the most anticipated new show of the year” (at least for episode one).

Monday 22 August at 7.30pm

3 Likes

Yeah it will be interesting to see if this works or flops with The Block back.l think it will be a worth a look only because l enjoy cooking desserts. :yum:

1 Like

So it’s Just Desserts vs The Block vs Australian Survivor

1 Like

But The Block and Just Desserts premiere on Monday and Survivor on Sunday.ln my previous post l was referring to premiere night.

This show very much looks a lot more like the Great Australian Bake Off style from the previews but a lot more colourful and over the top.

Any idea how many nights a week Just Desserts will be on? Hopefully just a couple of nights of the week so it’s not an overkill of cooking again.

My question is will Seven’s program get its just desserts; will Nine’s be able to go around the block one more time or will Ten’s be the ultimate survivor?

5 Likes

Don’t give up your day job. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Just thinking ahead for possible headlines for upcoming ratings reports :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Ratings report headlines must, by law, contain puns.

6 Likes

Saw the poster on a bus shelter on my way home. It has the slogan “Let’s make some magic”.