Your Money

Wonder what the sales arrangement is for the channel? Surely nine can make money out of this.

It’s a JV company owned by Nine and NewsCorp (ANC).
As far as I can tell ad sales are handled by Nine.

5 Likes

The must think they can sell adverts directed at the niche viewing market.

Some ads so far and sponsor board

3 Likes

The picture quality on channel 95 is pretty shit.

Nine seems to have locked the bit rate for the channel at 1.8 MBps vision, so that anything with motion or detail deteriorates into a blur while static shots with a plain background are better.

Examples of transitions with lots of motion and detail

On Foxtel it’s HD.

1 Like

Are there local ad windows like Sky News on WIN?

In Newcastle I haven’t seen 1 ad yet, just channel promos

I’m guessing NBN hasn’t sold any ads yet that’s why we only get promos here

I’m presuming the set is digital? So it IS possible for Australia to make a nice one (cough, cough Seven Perth, Nine Regional). Edit: I stand corrected.

The set looks very inspired by the Nine News metro sets what with the curved screen, circular features on the ceiling and parallel lines around the screen.

Are you sure? I was always under the impression that this was actually a real set… especially when you look at the reflections.

Looks real to me…

Still got the call-in segment at 1pm

The set is real, it’s located at News Corp headquarters at Sydney’s Surry Hills like the channel’s predecessor Sky News Business.

3 Likes

Opening from this morning. Upload is the the Foxtel version to give clearer picture.

News conference this afternoon

5 Likes

Your Money Live Stream
https://yourmoneylive.akamaized.net/hls/live/712194/yourmoneyau/live.m3u8

Nine should have made this a free to air news channel, not finance/ business. Boring.

6 Likes

Just some Screencaps… also wtf is a ticky?

2 Likes

Ticky Fullerton - respected business journalist for many, many years.

8 Likes

The graphics are like a Newshub/BBC style… but very blue, green and black!

1 Like

Really love the whole design they’ve gone with.
It’s just such a shame that the FTA version is so low in quality. Is it broadcast in MPEG4 or MPEG2?

5 Likes

Definitely MPEG2 via the Nine Network multiplex. If it was MPEG4 (which TBH, they’d probably benefit from switching over to - although I’m sure that won’t happen), I suspect the picture quality would look a bit better even with only a 1.8mbps stream.

2 Likes