Your Money

The Australian is claiming today that Your Money will launch in September.

The channel revealed three signings this morning: Domain’s business editor Chris Kohler is joining as business reporter, while Glen Caro (executive producer of Insight on SBS) will become program director and Nadine Blayney (Sky News Business channel manager) as news director.

https://twitter.com/yourmoneyaus/status/1031382253199216641?s=21

1 Like

what channel number will they use?

LCN-95 through Nine and Channel 601 on Foxtel.

2 Likes

Does anyone else really hate the name of the channel?

It’s very emotive in the language, makes it sound it’s going to be more Recession Tips with Mary McGregor than financial/business news/info.

2 Likes

I was just wondering, should this thread go into the news and current affairs section given it has financial news and information day and night?

The name does sound very folksy. But what memories of Mary McGregor!

I’ve seen research at companies I’ve worked for that the word ‘business’ or ‘finance’ in News contexts is viewed by viewers as elitist or hard to relate to. (I should add that was only the specific company I worked for and those specific people polled).

Your Money might sound folksy but it is ‘accessible’.

For all the kiddies out there - youtube Fast Forward, Mary McGregor, sit back and enjoy Australian comedy at its finest.

hqdefault

4 Likes

The Australian reporting that Your Money will launch on 1 October.

1 Like

I heard that from Australian Financial Review that people that have mobile and tablet devices can use 9now and Foxtel Now to stream it live. Cannot wait for this.

1 Like

Your Money will be on metro and NNSW/GC… not on SCA stations

1 Like

Not just that but also in Nine Darwin that owns Nine Entertainment Co.

You mean Nine Entertainment Co. also owns Nine Darwin right?

Yes. Even though Nine Darwin was owned by Nine Entertainment Co, it is a regional city, not a metropolitan city.

It will be interesting to see what kind of financial programs that will run on this channel, whether the market programs that Sky Business airs during the day (count down to the opening of the markets) will be on here. Which is what I usually watch in the mornings while “studying”. :stuck_out_tongue:

According to the reports about the channel they will be. It seems that the lifestyle content will be in the evenings.

1 Like

That’s good. Thanks for responding. :slight_smile:

1 Like

has that been confirmed because remember 9Life didn’t begin in Darwin when it launched across the rest of the network