Your dream TV network

Completely agree with you @Nicholas, always liked Hamish on Ten Late News, and Matt was well suited for sports coverage.

@R17TV, I’m glad you like it, and I bet a lot of viewers would too. I was focusing on a decent Daytime schedule. [quote=“R17TV, post:44, topic:2388”]
giving Matt White a key role at Ten is a must. Since he moved there, it seems he hasn’t been given any big roles other than as the face of Ten’s Motorsport coverage.
[/quote] Agree too, as I said ten has the best TV personalities but are way too under used, like Jess Rowe, Ita Buttrose, Denyse, Jono, Matt etc

2 Likes

My question was purely something to think about rather than a ‘call for action’ regarding a new game being created. In saying that, I wouldn’t mind playing in or being involved in setting up a new version if such a thing was to happen.

In regards to the game I was referring to, it known as U-TV and held during 2007. Apart from that, I don’t remember anything about it as well - maybe others might remember more about it.

2 Likes

Sports Tonight.

3 Likes

I would base my “dream” TV channel on Nine.

Mainly on the strength of their news, NRL and cricket coverage.

Things I would change:

Mornings
9-10am: Shorten “Today Extra” to 1 hour. (Drop all of the advertorials).
10am - Bring back “Here’s Humphrey” (30 mins)
10.30 - Bring back “Curiousity Show” (30 mins)
11am - Nine Morning News to be 1 hour again

Afternoons
1pm - Bring back an American soap (Days Of Our Lives maybe?)
2pm - ??? Reality repeats might be OK here.

Evenings
7pm - Bring Back “Sale Of The Century” (dump ACA).

One game of NRL on Saturday nights.

Other
Get a “Full Frontal” or “Comedy Inc” style show back at 9.30pm one night a week (1 hour).
Find a regular timeslot for 60 Minutes (doesn’t necessarily have to be Sunday nights).
I’d like to see a serious motoring show (I don’t mean an Australian version of Top Gear). 9.30pm one night a week 1 hour.

6 Likes

A Few Ideas for Ten…

WEEKDAYS
6am Eyewitness News This Morning - With Anjali Rao
8.30am Studio 10 with Sarah Harris, Joe Hilderbrand, Jessica Rowe and Denise Drysdale. Ita joins the panel occassionally (think Barbara Walters and The View)
12pm Eyewitness News at Midday - With Tarsh Belling
5pm Eyewitness News: First at Five
6pm Family Feud
6.30pm The Project
10.30pm Eyewitness News Late with Narelda Jacobs ** Live from Perth **
11pm Uplate with Tommy Little

WEEKENDS
6.30pm The Weekend Project with Hamish, Gorgi and Joel Creasey

Will flesh out a bit more tomorrow…

4 Likes

I might suggest that anyone with purely mock schedules should post them here: Mock Schedules

I interpreted this thread as being intended more for a complete mock channel/network scenario, not just schedules, but also including graphics, presentation, personnel, etc.?

1 Like

Then where’s ACA and Tracy Grimshaw?

My 4 News Opener Mock
v1: http://i.imgur.com/N21aYpQ.jpg
v2: http://i.imgur.com/5jsMQ91.jpg

1 Like

I have decided to come up with an idea for a new Aussie FTA network - 4.

4 will be driven by a high-quality news service with bulletins throughout the day. They will offer some points of difference by starting their tentpole realities at 7pm, dedicating themselves to high-quality Australian drama television series and have the only commercial news bulletin after 7pm.

Weekdays
5am - 4 News: Early Edition
6am - 4 This Morning
9am - Mornings
Noon - 4 News at Noon
1pm - Afternoon Movie
3pm - The Nelson Aspen Show (N.B. syndicated in USA)
4pm - 4 News: Afternoon Edition
5pm - Game Show Hour (Jeopardy! and Pyramid)
6pm - 4 News at 6
7pm - Tentpole Reality (Sun-Wed)
9pm - 4 News at 9
10pm - Up Late with Ronny Chieng

Sunday
8pm - Would I Lie To You?/Thank God You’re Here/Australia’s Big Debate
Monday
8pm - Australian Drama
Tuesday
8pm - 20/20
Wednesday
8pm - Australian Drama
Thursday
7pm - Lifestyle Programming (Australia’s Best Homes/Australia’s Best Gardens/The Zoo - Australia Zoo obsdoc)
8pm - Obs-Docs (Cops/Flying Doctors/Emergency Ward)

Reality offering includes: Comedy Showcase, The Apprentice, Big Brother, Are You the One?, Stranded with $500,000 Dollars and The Amazing Race

The network will only run one FTA channel but will have a streaming service to rival Netflix and Stan.

3 Likes

My Channel Nine mock rundown:

5am - Nine’s Early Morning News With Lara Vella (Fill in presenters include Tim Davies, Airlie Walsh, Kate Creedon & Amber Sherlock)
5.30am - Today With Karl Stefanoic, Lisa Wilkinson, Alicia Loxley (News), Ben Fordham (Sport & ’ The Buzz ') & Richard Wilkins (Showbiz)
9am - Mornings With Steven Jacobs & Emma Freedman
11am - Nine’s Morning News Hour With Amelia Adams (Mon-Thurs) Alicia Loxley (Friday) (Fill in presenters include Sylvia Jeffreys, Casey Lawrence, Sophie Walsh, Deborah Knight & Tom Steinfort)
12pm Movie
1.30pm - Nine News Now - With Sylvia Jeffreys (Mon-Wed) & Sophie Walsh (Thurs & Fri) (Fill in presenters include Deborah Knight, Jayne Azzopardi,Tom Steinfort & Casey Lawrence (Devin)
2.30 Ellen
3.30pm Extra
4.00pm Nine’s Afternoon News/Nine Live With Amelia Adams (Mon-Thurs) Tom Steinfort (Friday) (National Edition is seen until 4.30 for (QLD,SA,WA) Then rejoin at 5pm | Presenters Eva Milic (QLD) Alice Monfries (SA) & Emmy Kubainski (WA)
5.30pm Hotseat (Pushes back to half an hour due to terrible ratings)
6pm Nine News (No presenter change on weeknights, Weekends Alison & Darren get the boot and swarm Samantha Heathwood in while Alison presents the local SCA9 Bulletins & Darren returns to reporting, Laura Turner would present Nine’s Melbourne weekend news.
6.30pm ACA with Tracy Grimshaw (Mon-Wed) & Leila Mckinnon (Thurs & Fri)
7.00pm- 9.30pm Various Programmes
9.30pm-10.30pm - Nine’s Late News Hour With Various Presenters (eg.Wendy Kingston, Lizzy Pearl, Chris O’Keefe, Jayne Azzopardi)
Various programmes continue from 10.30pm-5am

7 Likes

I like it!

Only change I’d make is 6pm news to still be 1 hour, but I’d ditch ACA and bring back Sale at 7pm.

3 Likes

I am thinking of creating a revamped Seven Network schedule…

Weekdays
Midnight-4am - Informercials
4-5am - NBC Today
5-5:30am - Seven Early News
5:30-9am - Sunrise - With Kochie, Nat, Eddy, Beretts. Rebecca Maddern returns to Seven as Sunrise weather presenter. Sally Obermeder becomes Entertainment presenter while Tom Williams goes back to BH&G (Sunrise Perth News becomes a formal bulletin at every hr and 1/2 hr for 10 minutes).
9-11:30am - The Morning Show with Larry Emdur and Sam Armytage
11:30am-12pm - Seven Morning News with Ann Sanders
12pm - Midday Movie
2pm-4pm - Double Episodes of The Chase UK (TDE is dumped)
4pm-5pm - Seven Afternoon News with Mark Ferguson (dumped from Seven News Sydney)
5pm-6pm - The Chase Australia
6pm-7pm - Seven News (Regional viewers get a new composite bulletin with local presenters, Mark Ferguson gets dumped for Melissa Doyle for Sun-Thurs. Michael Usher takes SN and weekends. Today Tonight in SA and WA is reduced to a 20min segment with news taking over at 6:50)
7pm-7:30pm - H&A
7:30pm-9:30pm - Realities
9:30pm-10pm - Seven News 24 (A new late night news bulletin with a focus on world events and discussions with experts. Presented by Kylie Gillies)
10:00-Midnight - Other programs

Weekends
Midnight-4am - Informercials
4-6am - NBC Today (Religious Programs on Sunday)
6-7am - Weekend Disney
7-10am - Weekend Sunrise - With AOK, Monique, Angela, Simon, Sally and JT.
10am-11am - World Review Saturday/World Review Sunday (A news-in-review type program similar to Nine’s Sunday. Presented by Michael Usher. Shown on 7Mate during the AFL season in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth)
11am-5pm - Normal Programming
5pm-5:30pm - Seven News: Live at Five with Angie Asimus
5:30pm-6pm - Weekender programs
6pm-7pm Seven News
7pm-10pm - Movie/AFL Games/Realities/Sunday Night with Michael Usher
10pm-Midnight - Normal Programming until midnight

Feedback welcome!

4 Likes

What is different?

Mostly presenters. I’ve gotten rid of TDE (most boring show ever). Do you think I should probably change some more?

2 Likes

No that is fine just wanted to know what I was looking at. I am not an expert on presenters from networks so can’t really comment.

I’d rebrand TDT, the Nine Network affiliate in Tasmania to Tas TV. This name existed in the State from 1985-1994. I’ve retweaked the logo.
Old logo
tastv1
New Logo
mtwtvtlauncesntt

11 Likes

Weekdays
Midnight-2am Midnight Movie
2am Greys Anatomy (or Married With Children at 2:30am if movie goes for extra half hour or movie starts at 12:30am)
3am-4am - Informercials
4-5am - NBC Today
5-5:30am - Seven Early News
5:30-8:30am - Sunrise
8:30am-11:00am - The Morning Show with Larry Emdur and Sam Armytage
11:00am-12pm - Eleven AM with Ann Sanders ( 1 hour of News and Current Affairs, no Advertorials)
12:00pm An Australian drama such as Blue Heelers or All Saints followed by The Chase UK at 1pm - OR an encore of the Reality series which adjustments would be made to account for varying lengths of an encore presentation eg 1 hour, 1h 30min and 2hr presentations fill in programs airing if encore screens for more than 1h 15mins
2:00pm The Daily Edition (reduced to 30 mins, no advertorials)
2:30pm-3:30pm - Daytime Serial such as Days Of Our Lives (suggested given Channel 7’s links with NBC - also avoids a clash with Foxtel’s screening at midday)
3:30pm-4:30pm - Seven Afternoon News with Mark Ferguson (dumped from Seven News Sydney)
4:30pm Today Tonight (encore), (areas screening regional news services 4:30pm-5:30pm The Chase Australia)
5pm-6pm - The Chase Australia (areas screening regional news services would screen their regional news at 5:30pm)
6pm-7pm - Seven News

Monday to Thursday
7pm-7:30pm - H&A (Thursday until 8pm)
7:30pm-10:30pm - Infotainment/Reality TV/Drama/Comedy (starts at 8pm on Thursdays), Friday AFL(except NSW/QLD/NT), (NSW/QLD/NT) Infotainment and movies
10:30pm-11pm - Seven News 24 (A new late night news bulletin with a focus on world events and discussions with experts. Presented by Kylie Gillies)
11:00pm Today Tonight
11:30pm The Goldbergs or other half hour comedy or reality based series

Saturday
12am Midnight Movie
2:00am A Country Practice
3am-4am - Infomercials
4-6am - NBC Today (Religious Programs on Sunday)
6:00am Weekender programs (encore)
6:30am -9am Weekend Sunrise - With AOK, Monique, Angela, Simon, Sally and JT.
9am The Morning Show
10:30am-12pm -Sportsworld Saturday
12pm-5pm - Normal Programming
5:30pm-6pm - Reality TV
6pm-7pm Seven News
7pm-10pm - Movie/AFL Games/Realities/Sunday Night with Michael Usher
10pm-Midnight - Normal Programming until midnight

Sunday
12am Midnight Movie
2:00am A Country Practice
3am Sons and Daughters
3:30am It Is Written
4am NBC Today
5am House of Wellness
6am Leading The Way
6:30am-9am - Weekend Sunrise - With AOK, Monique, Angela, Simon, Sally and JT.
9am The Morning Show
10:30am-12pm -Sportsworld Sunday. This would be shown on 7Mate during the AFL season in VIC/TAS/SA/WA; (VIC/TAS/SA/WA) AFL Game Day - (NSW/QLD/NT would air AFL Game Day at 10:30am on 7Mate)
12pm-5pm - Normal Programming
5:30pm-6pm - Weekender programs
6pm-7pm Seven News
7pm-Midnight - Realities/Sunday Night with Michael Usher/Drama/Comedy

3 Likes

What about states that don’t have Today Tonight? (which I can’t see in your schedule anyhow).

I would suggest Today Tonight return in some format in QLD/Vic/NSW, whether it be local editions or an east coast edition

Also I would change mornings on 7Two as follows

Monday To Friday
8:30am NBC Today
11:00am Infomercials
12pm normal programming

Weekends
11:00am Infomercials
12:00pm normal programming

1 Like

Really? Day old content which the entire 4:30pm audience has probably already seen the night before?