Your Domain

Promo:

Caps of first show:

8 Likes

Nine have done well with this show. There is a gap in the market for something like this on a Saturday morning.

Next question- what news set is this being produced from? I’m assuming Melbourne.

4 Likes

It’s merely filling the gap left by Sky News Business/Your Money which had a Saturday morning real estate program which featured similar content and showed live auctions happening in various states

Another waste of time.

However it looks great on the set.

Yes, it is from GTV.

Nine have put a lot of effort into this- graphics are nice, hosts are good and they even had live crosses. It’s a decent program but, unfortunately, I can’t see it lasting. Like Financial Review Sunday- great local production that was too costly.

8 Likes

I don’t think it’s a major expense on Nine. The reporters are from Nine News so they would already be working regardless. The only extra cost would be the presenters and maybe additional production staffing costs.

Plus they get to promote their 60% owned domain business. It’s a massive ad for Donain and given they’re second in the market for real waste this is valuable cross promotion.

3 Likes

1st episode available on 9Now.

I reckon if this becomes successful, Nine might revive Australian Financial Review since they own this masthead now and could possibly do similar program for Car Advice as well.

I don’t really think people use Domain, so it’s obviously promotion.

realestate.com.au is the go-to option for most people.

As a renter I’ve always found more listings and better search functions on Domain, may vary from areas to area. I guess it’s a bit of legacy from the old Age classifieds in Melbourne.

Well, it’s obviously paid content but they are just two different companies. Domain is Faifax/Nine and realestate.com.au is News Limited.

While realestate.com.au may have more listings, Domain attracts more prestigious listings so the value of the business may be closer than you think.

From an article which talks about the differences.

1 Like

Caps from yesterday’s show:

3 Likes

Where is this shot? TCN or GTV?

GTV

1 Like

Today’s show:

2 Likes

Dougal Beatty is filling in for Chris Kohler over the next 3 weeks.

3 Likes

Seems to be doing well.
Good to see him doing some casual presenting other than a straight news bulletin.

2 Likes

Looks great - all the more reason for Today to move to the news set!

2 Likes

Your Domain Season 2

Saturday 8 February at 10.00am

Kick-start your weekend with a plunge into the Australian property market when Your Domain returns for a fresh new season this Saturday at 10.00am on Nine and 9Now.

Following on from its successful first season, Your Domain, hosted by Shelley Craft and Chris Kohler, provides an expert lens on everything you need to know about property this weekend.

Tapping into our nation’s ongoing obsession with property, Your Domain is must-watch viewing for all those wanting to gain a better understanding of the market.

On this week’s show, we explore the pros and cons of purchasing a beach house and how to determine if you’re buying with your head or your heart.

With the Sydney market showing strong growth in recent months, our first auction of the year will blow you away with its opening bid.

And we take a look at some of the best auctions taking place around the country this weekend.

Domain’s Alice Stolz joins Shelley and Chris at the desk to discuss where the best buys for 2020 can be found.

The popular Dream Home segment is back and we start the year with an absolute stunner.

Plus, we feature some big-name celebrities as they prepare to buy and sell.

Regardless of whether you’re a buyer, seller, renter or agent, Your Domain will complement the online presence of Domain in its mission to inspire confidence in all of life’s property decisions.

Whether you want to know the best way to increase the value of your property, get your house ready for sale, choose an agent, learn about the market or find out about the longer-term outlook for your suburb – Your Domain will have it covered.

4 Likes