Today (2015-Sept 2020)

3 Likes

Now this is why I really like Ben!

1 Like

So that’s where Stevie has been this week

1 Like

Saturday (07.09.2019): Jayne Azzopardi and Tim Davies are co-hosting today, as well as doing the weather. Belinda Russell is reading the news this morning and Tony Jones is presenting sport live from Manchester, UK for the Ashes.

1 Like

That’s All Next Week on ‘Today’

5 Likes

From the Your Domain thread (Your Domain), Am I the only one who thinks this would be a good look for Today set-wise? better than the current backdrop.

5 Likes

But without the houses on it. Only the blue sky backdrop and something else

I don’t mind the houses even…

They’ve had something similar in the past…

00%20PM

The 1989 set was far superior to anything they’ve had in recent times. The soft set used in the second hour during that era was particularly refined and sophisticated.

9 Likes

This one?:

GMA had similar sets too. They were all very ‘homely’- which is missing these days. Liz was great, particularly in that cooking segment, BTW.

2 Likes

GMA’s sets always annoyed me because they never utilised the studio space well and it was always the same basic set up- two chairs and a coffee table. The two main presenters never used a desk.

I think Nine was trying to emulate the homely feel and style of the NBC Today set from the late 1980s with that set.

We never see that disarming side of Liz these days. Her sense of humour, country girl charm and easy rapport with the other talent were great to watch when she was on Today.

1 Like

Ron Wilson and Sandra Sully did at one point. My point was that both the Today and GMA sets incorporated bookshelves, coffee tables, fake windows and fireplaces that made their sets feel very homely. The current sets at breakfast are very cold in comparision.

Watching back, she is great to watch- effortlessly handles off-the-cuff moments.

Last set before the breakfast incarnation of the show was axed. During the golden era of the show I can only remember two chairs or couches crammed together. I don’t know how KAK managed to sit that close to Gordon Elliott for so long considering it was well known the two of them had a prickly relationship.

2 Likes

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/are-georgies-days-on-today-numbered/news-story/a0885709c080c704293df6be08a6a53b

Sunday (08.09.2019): Jayne Azzopardi and Tim Davies are co-hosting again today, with Belinda Russell reading the news. Tony Jones is presenting sport live from Manchester, UK for coverage on the Ashes.

9 News Queensland reporter Alex Heinke is presenting the weather this morning live from Brisbane.

2 Likes

Weekend Today is so odd. Today they’ve had at least four separate segments about events that have happened on this day with interviews- Pink was born, Kylie Minogue released a song, the Oprah show launched and something in American politics. Why not group it all in one 3 minute segment?

Plus, each day they play an entire segment from HelloWorld/Getaway and, as I’ve mentioned before, every Sunday, at 7.20 they have a fashion segment! While, Weekend Sunrise had interviews with local commissioners about the latest warnings on the Bushfire conditions. And, I thought the weekday rundown was bad.

Doubt it.

3 Likes

Couldn’t find your own story, Today?

They are currently doing a story based off the young children going and visiting residents of the Narrabeen aged care facility.

ABC are currently showing a program on Tuesday nights.

I think the watch-time calculus on weekends is different because people are able to stay around for longer and leave the TV on one channel while doing chores or having breakfast. It would help to have a fresh segment every half-hour.

That’s laughable, I think Annette wants to be part of The Today show!

1 Like

This is the Last Week for Fordo filling in for Steinfort.
Great having Fordo for the past 3 weeks. Really enjoyed his company on the Today Show

3 Likes