Would I Lie To You? Australia

According to the “10’s Programmer’s Wrap” on TVTonight, Would I Lie to You is set for Monday nights. HYBPA is set to return in Q2.

Not much else is written about them - so no actual dates or times, yet.

2 Likes

Is Celia Pacquola’s Shower Superstition A Watertight Tale?

Would I Lie To You? Coming Soon To 10 And 10 Play On Demand.

Celia Pacquola insists that she can’t turn right when she’s in the shower.

Do you share a strange superstition similar to Celia or do you think she’s pulling our leg?

1 Like

Are There Quacks In Chris Taylor’s Story?

Premieres Monday, 28 February At 8.30pm On 10 And 10 Play On Demand.

It’s almost time to uncover who is fair dinkum and who is furnishing furphys, when Would I Lie To You? premieres on 10 and 10 Play On Demand at 8.30pm on Monday, 28 February.

Host Chrissie Swan and Team Captains Chris Taylor and Frank Woodley, are ready to assume their positions on the panel to help our special guests work out whether the stories are fact or fairy-tale.

Would you deem a regular, spur of the moment purchase to be a chocolate bar at the servo or a muffin with your morning coffee? Well, Would I Lie To You? Team Captain, Chris Taylor, claims that his most memorable impulse purchase was a pet duck.

3 Likes

There is also a promo featuring Abbie Chatfield that I saw during Australian Survivor earlier this week.

An 8-episode run means it will finish by the end of April.

1 Like

Which should lead straight into HYBPA

2 Likes

Fantastical Fibbers And Truth Seekers At The Ready.

Would I Lie To You? Premieres Next Monday, 28 February At 8.30pm On 10 And 10 Play On Demand.

Episode 1 cast

It’s true! Would I Lie To You? is hitting your screens next Monday, 28 February at 8.30pm on 10 and 10 Play on demand.

At the helm as host is a woman with the gift of the gab, Chrissie Swan, and her trusty side-kicks, Chris Taylor and Frank Woodley, will be on hand to provide plenty of interesting direction as Team Captains.

Joining Chris’ team next week is The Project’s Carrie Bickmore and English stand-up comedian Ross Noble, while Frank is coaching comedian of stage and screen Luke McGregor and the hilarious Zoe Coombs Marr.

The aim of the game is to sort the facts from the fibs, and it’s up to our star-studded panel of guests to try and send the other team down the “did they?” or “didn’t they?” rabbit hole.

Did Ross actually build a sandcastle with rock-pop legend Rod Stewart? Is Carrie guilty of revealing a little too much to a house guest?

Have you always thought you could smell a lie from a mile away? Next Monday night, it’s time to put your expert interrogation skills to the test.

2 Likes

As always Molk always finds something to whinge about. I haven’t heard much positivity from him in recent times.

How about let the viewers judge for themselves whether if it’s good or not?

6 Likes

I know I will be tuning in to judge for myself

1 Like

I agree there is a lot of hate for this show on their podcast. Give it a go. They are giving the 8:30 slot some attention.

1 Like

I’m struggling to stick with it. It’s very slow.

Bring back Hughesy, We Have A Problem. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The original version works because it’s so tightly edited and they move through things quickly. This feels way too slow and drawn out.

3 Likes

I watched the whole thing. Wasn’t bad, but wasn’t that hot flash either. A little drawn out for my liking. 70 minute episode (inc commercials), while the uk version is 30 minutes. I know there’s not much we can do with the ads thrown in, but could have been a 45 minute show here with ads.

Am watching right now. They’ve got the format close to the UK version and the personalities work well together. But the biggest problem is, as others said, the pace.

Maybe it’s because it’s on a commercial network but the amount of ad breaks are insufferable and each segment seems much longer than it should be. They need to trim it back to 60 minutes with less ad breaks (even if it means longer ad breaks) and multiple games/rounds in one segment.

Otherwise, not bad.

1 Like

It’s not bad. Have never watched the original, so hard to compare.

Chrissie’s delivery is pretty good for the most part, but some higher intonation at the end of some sentences like announcements would really help and add some enthusiasm.

As others have said, pacing is a problem. 45 mins would be perfect. Hate it when networks have to stick to 30 or 60 mins, or whatever 90 something minute trash they inflict on us.

Molk does these pickme tweets ALL the time trying to suck up to talent. It’s embarrassing.

1 Like

It has potential but the episode was far too long.

1 Like

10 aired an acknowledgment of country at the end of the show tonight.

Yeah. At the end of the show, Chrissie announced a winner and the player of the night. Despite the drawn out format, the end felt abrupt and lacked the ceremonious crownings I thought it needed. Some music, interim score checks and ‘funny’ titlecards for the name of the games would help, I think.

The key though is to trim, trim, trim.

2 Likes

I get the feeling this wasn’t the first episode filmed but they chose it because of Carrie being the face of 10. The ads for the other eps look like they have better comedic talent on but I didn’t warm to it.