Nine (WIN)

Family Feud at 6.00pm instead of WIN News in Regional SA from this Friday.

1 Like

But that would be because WIN axed their SA news a while ago, so Family Feud isn’t replacing WIN News.

That’s correct.
WIN axed the local news service in SA back in February 2013 & I haven’t missed it since.

That logo looks great, pity that only 5% of the programming will actually be in actual HD come Friday.

1 Like

IIRC, WIN decided to be difficult and went with Arial Rounded in 2006 rather than using the same font as NBN. So it’s not really “Nine style” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Helvetica Rounded. Jesus, Ryan, get it right. :upside_down:

7 Likes

It was reported that Nine and WIN executives had dinner together just a few days before Nine and SCA announced their affiliation agreement. You have to wonder what was discussed. They clearly aren’t friends anymore.

WIN CEO Andrew Lancaster said his company was not willing to comply with new financial demands from Channel Nine.

"The reality is there’s a situation where the network that was our affiliate partner [Channel Nine] was looking for some aggressive fees to subsidise their business.

"We’d rather swap over now and take on a network that’s growing its audiences rather than going the other way.

“We think it’s a good time for WIN, and we think there’s a real opportunity to do something here that’s very good for business and viewers.”

3 Likes

What will be more Interesting is what will happen In Mildura, Tassie & WA if a deal is not reached channel 5 (10 Mildura In my area) could go black or a slide saying channel 9 coming soon.

Good for those who still get local news but here In Mildura it’s Family Feud for us.

I read somewhere that Souther Cross might sell off all their TV assets & focus on Radio.

Here’s an extended Offspring coming soon promo I recorded from WIN not too long ago

3 Likes

Saw this article yesterday & Mildura Is in the exact same situation.

Here’s a quick video I’ve put together of WIN’s on-air presentation and promos during their last week as a Nine affiliate, for future reference.

7 Likes

love it :slight_smile:

Great video! This is one of the most significant changes in television we have ever seen so the more recordings the better. Will be knocking up a montage of all WIN News bulletins on Thursday just in case they change too.

5 Likes

So WIN HD will be similar quality to the current Ten HD ?

Meaning 9 HD will be clearer ?

We’ll tell you on Friday…

2 Likes

Interesting to see what watermark WIN will use I was hoping the TEN version but they keep it the same.

2 Likes

That’s old news and was a couple of months before the deal with Nine was announced.
SCA now have new energy in regards to TV and expanding it to be a larger part of their business through developing their existing assets. The clearly predict a far higher revenue from TV with Nine programming.

1 Like

you think they would makes it easier for viewers to adopt to the changes this be similar to SCN when they changed from the Ten Name before they went back to ten again