Nine (WIN)

It will be raining bullets in Ayr, near Townsville.

Meanwhile in WA, WIN HD running at lows of 2.8 Mbit. I notice they have removed HD from the watermark - don’t think that’s been mentioned yet.

8 Likes

Isn’t there some people who think WIN is owned by Nine?

3 Likes

I think a good chunk of the general population do in fact think that WIN is owned by Nine.

2 Likes

Story about Tasmania situation
The Sunday Tasmanian’s TV guide features just four networks from Friday, with TDT disappearing.
A note to viewers says: “Due to pending licensing agreements broadcast schedules for NINE, 9GO and 9GEM were unavailable at time of print.”
TDT boss Stephen Giles confirmed negotiations were in progress but declined to say whether TDT screens would be blank from midnight on Thursday.

A spokeswoman for Nine said a contingency plan was being prepared, but did not provide details.

“We are hopeful of an agreement, but if it does not happen in time for the switch-over we will have alternate arrangements,” she said.
http://www.themercury.com.au/entertainment/nine-shows-tuned-out-as-tv-network-tangle-leaves-tassie-viewers-in-the-dark/news-story/870e42618f85ff55a7c19828acb299eb

Wonder what the alternative plans are that Nine have.

1 Like

9 Likes

Clearly the Ten promo team is mastering / finishing promos for Win

2 Likes

The article kind of pins the blame on Nine. I don’t think that is fair.

TDT is the one who owns the license for Tasmania and owes its community programming. They are also the one demanding nine hand over its programming for free. Pretty ridiculous.

3 Likes

They probably don’t really care who is what, or who owns what.

They just want to be able to watch their favourite programs from the 5 free to air networks, over the air for free.

3 Likes

It seems like a lifetime ago that Tasmania was missing a third commercial channel which the mainland had. Nobody can remember the time that we had 4 channels only, yet it was only 13 years ago and the state survived. Now with the possible 9 blackout appearing sooner, it will be quite strange.

3 Likes

[quote=“chuck, post:1741, topic:55”]
Wonder what the alternative plans are that Nine have.
[/quote]Possibly for Southern Cross to broadcast at least the main channel on their multiplex.

2 Likes

They’ll be with a public broadcaster to show national sports content.

[quote=“webguy, post:1747, topic:55, full:true”]

I think that might breach their agreement with Seven and would probably lead to another legal letter from the network. :blush:

Just saw a promo for Spelling Bee on Go! - complete with Robbie McGregor voiceover for “on WIN”

4 Likes

5 Likes

Offspring

5 Likes

This is what the WIN complete LCN set is showing at changeover (been this way for a couple of days) (LCN 8 = LCN 81). 84 looks particularly interesting

3 Likes

A promo for the WIN-produced Love Shack. One of the very rare cases a time super and logo are used during a WIN promo. The show will continue its run at 4.30pm on Saturdays, replacing Places We Go with Jennifer Adams.

6 Likes

I wonder what a WIN created Ten style promo would look like. They’ve finally started doing something very close to Nine’s quality with that and their current lineups.

Indeed WIN probably currently do a better job than Ten, given how those are native HD and so much of Ten’s stuff isn’t.

I’d say it would stick to the Ten style guide as closely as this one sticks to Nine’s. But already I’m noticing typical inconsistencies with their promos. Half of the Ten promos currently airing contain no time super, no WIN logo, CC logo, etc. I’ve never understood why they insist on removing the time during a promo. It’s been this way since around 2009.

Someone may correct me but I think it’s to skirt around the time limits designated for promos. If no time is given it’s essentially an ident which i think is exempt from these time limits. It’s why we often see program ads then followed by a separate date/time promo. A 2-second date/time promo counts far less than a full promo that runs for anything up to 2 minutes.

2 Likes