Nine (WIN)

Also notably (and I’m using the Foxtel guide as a source too here - notably Hobart):

• The All-Aus News replay is being slotted in at 11:30pm instead of midnight, delaying The Project’s encore and The Late Show by an hour. Ten takes home shopping after that so it seems Win is taking either an hour or half-hour less of that (the religious show Ten takes at 4am is currently TBA).
  • They’re slotting in another All-Aus News replay for 7-8am, replacing Ben’s Menu and B&TB.
  • The WIN/Ten News slot at 5-6.30pm is currently TBA, but WIN News TAS has confirmed its 5:30pm news on its Facebook feed yesterday, so (edit: as confirmed by TV Tonight) Family Feud would move to 5:00 there. Weekends in TAS will supposedly be a half-hour at 5:30 so WIN will have a half-hour to fill at 5.

I thought All Australian News at 7am was new rather than a replay

The All Australian News bulletin aired around midnight is always a new one, followed by a repeat during the following day.

Aah that’s right, I forgot the AAN replay used to run at 12pm. Whoops. :sweat_smile:

Not possible with Ten because their daytime schedule after Studio 10’s quite variable - if they’re running a Masterchef encore at 11am like this week, for instance, then that pushes Dr Phil to 12:10pm.

SCA should step in the WA, Mildura, Griffith and regional SA markets, and then 9 will be shown there.

They can’t just “step in” to a heap of new markets like that…

2 Likes

As posted earlier, it sounds like WIN have indeed confirmed the LCN structure of:

8: WIN
80: WIN HD
81: ONE
82: ELEVEN

As per this quote:

Source: HD won't go off-air in Channel Nine switch for regional viewers

4 Likes

On the Freeview guide for July 1, it looks like TDT, WDT, MDT, the nine channel in regional SA and Griffith has been omitted until further notice.

Those changes don’t affect the Darwin or the central areas as WIN do not beam in those areas.

In a way I’m pleased that WIN didn’t enter the Darwin or the central markets because if it has Ten Darwun and Ten central could suffer the same fate as TDT in Tasmania.

1 Like

WIN HD logo on the NRL tonight. Not sure if it’s upscaled

2 Likes

Special promo filmed for Have You Been Paying Attention saying they were coming to the WIN Network from July 1 with the WIN Ten logo in the corner and then the standard WIN logo at the end.

4 Likes

Back in HD today

2 Likes

Not good news for those in the Griffith market in particular those areas where either SC Wagga Wagga/Albury/Shepparton or Imparja TV is not receivable: they will miss out on the NRL as a result unless you get Foxtel.

This will no doubt go back to between 2007-2010 when viewers in the Riverland and South East only had access to Seven and Ten programmes through WIN with no Nine programming at all (some cricket matches were on WIN Ten during this period).

I don’t think there will be any change for Griffith of South East SA - it’s my understanding that WIN agreements for all 3 channels in these areas will continue unchanged.

Okay then how come the WIN branded channel which currently shows Nine Programming in South East SA, will switch to Channel Ten Programming next Friday July 1? and last Sunday in the Sunday Mail newspaper there was a article about the possibility of Channel Nine shows been axed from South East/Riverland TV screens unless a new deal is signed between Nine and WIN by June 30.

After the League tonight WIN HD went back to upscaled :neutral_face:

Can’t Ten regionally (In my case Central Qld) just be called Ten and ditch the WIN name. Do we have to have that annoying name on watermarks and on ads . No one I talk to really knows what WIN is it is 7,9,10.

We finally are going to get Nine without any cover ups now we have to have WIN plastered over the watermark for Ten and on air promos.

When it was SC you hardly knew it was SC apart from a random ad . Can’t WIN just do that ? Or at least give us the Ten watermark and call it Ten , Ten HD ,. Or WIN TEN HD at least.

Just wondering how many average viewers who don’t follow media changes much will wonder why 9 Life has gone and why Win is broadcasting Ten content.

1 Like

You know, you could just move to Brisbane.

11 Likes

I have mention it to a few people and some know but a lot of people go 'huh" and some people said to me that they watch it free to air through Foxtel and that the channel change won’t change for them. They have no idea what an affiliation swap means I try to explain but they won’t listen… Good luck on Friday for them who think there channels will not be altered.

4 Likes

It would have been good for WIN to keep most of the TEN branding, but you can see WIN’s point of view with keeping their own branding.

The biggest problem for the general public in my opinion is that most people already know WIN as “Channel 9”.

So when WIN is still around broadcasting TEN’s shows, and there is an actual Channel 9, people are going to be very confused.

The people I’ve spoken to seem to think that WIN will still be “Channel 9” but with a few TEN shows mixed in, and most people are assuming that “Channel 9 bought Channel 10 out”.

I’ve even heard people saying “Masterchef is moving to Channel 9 and the NRL is moving to Channel 10”.

7 Likes

NRL moving Channel 10, Masterchef is moving to Channel 9?, unfortunately a lot of people out there that still don’t fully understand whats going on, they will be in for a bit shock come this Friday!

2 Likes