Nine (WIN)

Looks like 7mate (WIN SA) no longer has the HD watermark?
Would suggest that MediaHub were inserting it previously

1 Like

Well Seven wouldn’t be inserting the HD watermark since 7mate isn’t broadcast in HD in metro areas anymore.

I wouldn’t be so sure MediaHub adds the HD add-on considering they don’t do it for Prime and they’re pretty hopeless at the implementation of it anyway. I also doubt WIN would pay that much attention to its secondary stations feeds. I reckon BCM provides both clean and dirty versions of each channel to their affiliates leaving the choice up to them.

2 Likes

7mate never had an HD addiction until the cock up Seven made to have ch70 as 7mateHD in SYD/BRIS/PER and 7HD in MELB/ADEL due to the damned AFL.

Channel 83 now has sky News on WIN coming soon.

3 Likes

As said above ^^^

Here’s the placeholder:

14 Likes

Will WIN use the colored Sky News watermark with the shitstain at the bottom right of the screens?

1 Like

the main transmitter for the South East is at Mount Burr, not Mount Gambier.

1 Like

Placeholder still not available in WA. I wonder if they’ll drop Gold, like they did when 9Life launched in 2016?

1 Like

Looking at the regional TV ratings for the week of 17-23 June, WIN’s main channel is 2nd in Southern NSW/ACT, but is 4th in network ratings. In Tasmania, it is 3rd in both main channel & network shares, beating out TDT (Nine Tasmania).

I think this proves how popular WIN still is in its ‘heartland’ of the Illawarra/South Coast region, even 2 years after it changed affiliation from Nine to Ten.

whats Ratings like out of Masterchef season? The Ten/Win audience is certainly at its peak then.

Would be interesting to see how Win v Nine news is going in SNSW and ACT.

1 Like

Umm it’s in Mt Gambier. It is located directly across the road from the Blue Lake.

1 Like

Also on LCN 53 in Northern NSW
Very ordinary picture quality though, and some dodgy music with it.

I wonder where the bit rates will come from to accommodate a reasonable PQ?

Surely TVSN and GOLD will remain?

2 Likes

No the main transmitter is in Mount Burr along with the ABC & SBS transmitter according to Mount Burr’s Wikipedia page (I know Wikipedia isn’t trustworthy all the time), I will have to take a drive to Mt Burr one day & have a look myself.

2 Likes

I promise you the main transmitter is Mt Gambier. Mt Burr is a repeater station for the greater south east broadcast area.

The main transmitter is in Mt Gambier. Mt Burr is a repeater station for the greater south east broadcast area. I.e towns like Naracoorte, etc

If you go to the following website and put in say John Watson Drive, Mount Gambier as the address, the only transmitter site it lists is Mt Burr, as others have said.

https://myswitch.digitalready.gov.au

That site is about 11km east of Millicent.

2 Likes

Alright but then why do every house in Mt Gambier have UHF aerials pointing towards Mt Burr then?

1 Like

The tower in the picture carries mobile phone cells, but not TV. (Listing for site on Radcom)

As other have said the 130kw TV transmitters are at Mt Burr.

Map of Digital TV transmitters sites in the area with Mt Burr highlighted.

3 Likes

That placeholder kinda looks like the UK graphics…

1 Like