Nine (WIN)

we already have a fourth commercial television network - SBS

3 Likes

Days of our Lives/The Bold and the Beautiful Promo

4 Likes

Do WIN miss out on the first episode that has been screening at 4pm?

Bold returns to being a single episode at 4.30pm as of Monday.

With SCA’s Seven network stations (Southern Cross Television) dropping their separate branding in favour of full Seven branding on 1 July (following the same on their Nine network affiliate stations), that’ll leave WIN as the only affiliate actively hating on their source network’s branding…?
I’d have to think CBS would similarly push to get (back) the same sort of nationwide branding when WIN’s affiliation contract renewal negotiations start.

2 Likes

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out.

In Mount Gambier/Riverland what is Channel 7 currently known as? (Seven SA or Southern Cross?). Is it just a copy of the Metro 7 programming with local news?

It’s branded as Seven and shows a WIN News update or two each weeknight. It’s a dirty feed of Seven Adelaide.

1 Like

Thank you!

One more question…what does ‘dirty feed’ mean exactly?

It means it’s an exact copy of another channel (in this case Seven Adelaide) but with local commercials and/or programs played over the top.

Perfect! Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Do you happen to know if it appears on the TV as the word ‘Seven’ or the number ‘7’?

AFAICR initially it was referred to as Seven SA when WIN dumped Nine programming and changed affiliates to Seven. Once Nine was recommenced as a digital only station, Seven SA was just referred to as 7. It is the Adelaide feed with Adelaide news, although some AFL games may differ. Local news was axed by WIN in 2013.

The WIN-owned Mount Gambier/Riverland broadcast area is also separate from Southern Cross-owned Spencer Gulf/Broken Hill. A remnant of non-aggregation in SA.

I’m sure the people in GAMB/RIV would love Southern Cross to swoop in: no more mappy, Seven would be the main affiliation, and a local GAMB/RIV bulletin to boot.

2 Likes

Should aggregation requirements were applicable to SA back then, I’d assume that one station becomes a JV, since SCA and WIN are existing operators in Regional SA. Plus, minimum points of local content would’ve been mandatory.

SEVEN LOXTON
SEVEN MOUNT GAMBIER

2 Likes

More like Seven Riverland and Seven South East…or Seven Central. Not that I’m recommending the use of said brand.

The AFL games don’t differ.

I live in area. They are called SEVEN LOXTON and SEVEN MT GAMBIER. This is because the signal comes from their transmitter towers (old studios where local news was filmed) which are located on outskirts of Loxton and by the Blue Lake in Mt Gambier.

1 Like

They’re just named after the main city (and transmitter location) in each region instead of the region itself. No biggie.

Is the above poster not enquiring as to what these channels are known as on-air? In which case, it’s just Seven.

1 Like