Nine (WIN)

More than what Ten have done so far I’m sure (of course that wouldn’t be hard! :wink:).

Mind you, it looks like all of the metros have decided against anything festive this year (even Nine).

Have noticed tonight that WIN are using the same style to Ten for this year’s BBL on their sponsor billboards. Looks good. SC used to use custom-made billboards which were usually a horror show (who’d have thought? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

Haven’t watched WIN for ages it seems but watched the WBBL tonight, even I noticed how crap the quality was. Is it just Tassie this bad?

Nope, WIN Victoria viewers are in the same boat apparently according to a mate of mine.

3 Likes

Nine in Brisbane produced a one hour program that was broadcast last week “Christmas in Brisbane”. There was a live component but it was mainly recorded items that have a heavy commercial tie in.

It seems like something a regional broadcaster could also manage. So there could be a Christmas in each region that was hosted by a a couple of WIN presenters/anchors/weather or possibly also with someone from Ten. Some segments about shopping opportunities in the major centres, tourist attractions in the area, leisure activities, holiday safety advice, info on local events including any notable sports. With WIN’s local news bulletins, those reporters could be used to file extended versions of some of the filler pieces that are often seen in local news. Seems like something that could pay for itself with product placement.

Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

6 Likes

Funny you say that - I just saw an ad on WIN in Albury that was a montage of several advertisers wishing viewers a Merry Christmas. I assume this was compiled by WIN.

This one?

3 Likes

Something interesting from the ratings year…

WIN (Ch 10 affiliate) actually beat TDT (Ch 9 affiliate)'s main channel :open_mouth:

It was nearly the same in regional WA as we’ll (WIN vs. WDT)!

NB/
Although is exception made in 2016, due to the affiliate changeover?

@LukeMovieMan

WIN spent half of the year as a Nine affiliate. This would
Be why.

As far as I know though “year to date” was only being counted July 1 onwards after the switch - according to regional tam

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s the one.

WIN Shepparton has done this for many years, dating back to the GMV-6 days!

Win Televisons new christmas IDent

8 Likes

others might been temporary til they got a new one :slight_smile:

You will watch win television… You will watch win television… Aaaaaannnnddd you’re back in the room!

16 Likes

lol

The first week of the Victorian summer ratings show that WIN’s main channel is in danger of being beaten by Prime 7TWO.

4 Likes

It amazes me that they bother with these and not bother doing anything else

then again channel 10 could have made it for win?

1 Like

Oh dear god WIN! You have got to be kidding?!! :laughing:

A little harsh but this belongs in the following thread (probably isn’t up to scratch in here either!): Tongue-in-cheek mocks

1 Like