WIN News

What about Ayr near Townsville? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Another new WIN News promo I’ve seen today.

Sorry, there was a problem with my recording for the 1st second, but the rest is fine.

3 Likes

Montage of yesterday’s NQ bulletin.

1 Like

I’ve just spent a few days on the Sunshine Coast and caught an edition of WIN News. This is my thoughts.

• The set just screams cheap. Compared to Seven Sunshine Coast, it’s no comparison. Get a live shot or something which screams excitement!
  • Paul Taylor is a much better presenter than Rob Brough (Rob reads so slow with excruciating pauses but that’s my opinion).
  • Sports guy David McLenaghan seems a bit dead.
  • Weather chick Hannah McEwan seems like a very bright spark at the end.
  • Lincoln Humphries filed a local Sunshine Coast news report so has an appearance in 4 Queensland bulletins (1 reporter, sports 3 presenter)
  • For a live bulletin and coming 2nd place (that’s a pretty rare thing to say about regional television) I think it needs to rethink outside the box and be more fast paced and energised.
8 Likes

Sunshine Coast sport reporter Josh Minogue is presenting sport on the
Central Queensland bulletin tonight. The last time I recall anyone filling in for Dave was Lincoln Humphries prior to him leaving WIN for 9 News Darwin a few years back.

Promo

4 Likes

Listening to Austereo’s MIX FM 103.5 news today “that audio courtesy of WIN TV news” :grinning:

I’ve never seen that image of Hugh & Sandra before on the opening & last title card, looks fairly new with Sandra’s new(ish) shorter 'do.

1 Like

Here’s one of the newsroom style updates I was talking about, about a week ago.

Keen-eyed viewers would have noticed the “Sunshine Coast” image shown on the computer behind the presenter.

7 Likes

I’m impressed that they’ve got the screen in the background showing the news update to make it look live.

2 Likes

The WIN News theme and title cards really need updating already, they don’t suit the new supers graphics and are a reminder of their former affiliation.

9 Likes

Central Queensland’s bulletin last night with Paul Taylor, Josh Minogue and Hannah McEwan.

The weather preview midway through the bulletin hasn’t been using the plasma key this week, it also includes graphics similar to the current supers/full screens etc. May be a change for weather graphics on the way…?

7 Likes

WIN News is apparently suffering massively in the ratings in Townsville since the affiliation change in July.

Since the change, WIN News has now lost an average of over 60% of its viewers compared to June.

Without quoting any actual viewing numbers, apparently 7 Local News receives 37.1% of the local market, while WIN News receives just 8.5%.

Full story:
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/win-continues-to-lag-in-ratings-war/news-story/9a1bc6bb8df60585ca844f25f4aea71e

1 Like

It looks like from tonight we have a weather presenter in Central Victoria. All I got so far is her first name is Tanya

yeah its good save bruce having to do the weather as well its been along time since Central victoria had a weather presenter

Central Victoria plus Shepparton. Strange they are now also included with Bendigo including the 4 day outlook, has something happened to Goulburn Valley edition?

It’s WIN Illawarra reporter Tanya Dendrinos. Caps from the Ballarat bulletin. Video to follow

4 Likes

I’ve managed to record all five introductions, weather previews and weather reports across Victoria with new weather presenter Tanya Dendrinos.

A few pronunciations of towns in a some bulletins were a bit off, something she needs to work on, but not overly surprising given the Wollongong production.

Bendigo

Traralgon

Shepparton

Albury-Wodonga

Ballarat

5 Likes

So is WIN expecting viewers in Geelong now that they added it to the map.

I wasn’t able to get a recording of it, but I saw a story on WIN News last night about the 10 year anniversary of the death of Steve Irwin.

They were using old footage from 2006, which was in 4:3, but they had stretched the old 4:3 footage to fit the 16:9 screen used nowadays, which made the footage look terrible.
Did anyone manage to get a recording?